Wednesday, April 10

Things People Say..and a babble

"You should just be happy you're alive!"
Generally said when I'm grumbling about something normal..like a clogged septic line (ew).
Telling someone who has any kind of medical ANYTHING just to be happy they are alive...is a good way to get kicked.
My appreciation for life doesn't vanish when I'm outside in sleet and howling winds, with 40 feet of septic line snake.  It's just..taking a back burner for the moment.

"Oh, you must feel good...you look fine!"
Because you have a portable CT and can see the blood clot in my lung? Awesome!

I sleep 8 hrs a night, and nap at least 2 hours during the day.
I am weak and shaky and dizzy a lot.
I am cold constantly.
I am grumpy as all hell.

THIS IS NOT ME.
Ok, the grumpy part is.......

"Blood thinners! Well, don't cut yourself!"
*blink*
Well, shit. There goes my plans for the weekend.


---
I know this stuff isn't said to be unkind or dismissive...but after the 53rd time...
I warned you about the grumpy, right?

Ok, moving on!



You see the line of yellow Gorilla Glue on the feeder...and the reason why.
I need cast iron bird feeders!

-------
I went birding a few weeks ago...
I saw two horned grebes (adult, non breeding..so sayeth the bird books)!!!
Canada goose photo bombing
I also saw a black-crowned night heron.  I'll spare you the horrid photo.
Two birds off my life list.
HAPPY!

10 comments:

  1. OK just have to say I am glad your alive you had me wondering for a bit:)
    Grumpy or not I like to hear from you.
    "Smile it gets better", well that is what they say. Seriously I care take care. HUG B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raising my bottles of prescriptions in solidarity. Being put on a leash just as everything is thawing out and the sun actually rises before noon is AWFUL. Wishing you fast healing and many amusing squirrel and rare bird sightings while you heal.

    Hell, heel--or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking about you ALOT. Glad to hear from you! Be grumpy...you're allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of grumpy... any Pig sightings?:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear from you! Stay grumpy, if you have to. HEAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I have that grumpy thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha, General Dooley is pleased you are joining his militia. Your secret decoder ring will be mailed shortly to secure future corresponence. Just as you are concerned about the raccoons, the General is concerned about the three cats in your camp.He suggests you watch them very closely. Staff Sgt Roger

    ReplyDelete
  8. People do say dumb things. A general rule is to not tell anyone how they "should" feel but support them through what they do feel. I hope you feel the support of your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all is well just dropping in to say Hi and leave a hug. B

    ReplyDelete