Sunday, March 3

We need Keepers.

Last week, Michael and I were doing a bird drive.
We parked in several spots and watched, got out and wandered around a bit.
 The weather was horrid...freezing, sleety, windy. We dressed for this (and I have a point).

I rarely see other birders here, so imagine my excitement when a car pulled in behind us and I spot someone with binoculars! WOO!
Even more exciting, the lady comes up to the car and starts talking Bird.

She glances in the car and looks startled.
Ok, I know with his dark eyelashes and bright blue eyes, Michael can look Intense, but seriously...he's a friendly guy.
She takes a step back...says her goodbyes..
Flees.


It's only on the drive home I realize Michael is still wearing this:



And black gloves.
So maybe he DOES look like a serial killer.
Whoopsie.


14 comments:

  1. But it does make for some nice alone time:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! Makes me think of the Volkswagen commercial that is going around right now)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XIJIVgNBEU

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! oh, this made me bust out loud!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, poor lady. That is funny. It has been a long winter, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I'd be panicking if I saw that too!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great story. The woman is probably telling everyone she ran into some terrorist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suppose that would be disconcerting, but I am around enough... Unique... individuals that I would probably do not much more than raise an eyebrow. Hope the birdy stuff was good!

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's a cartoon I read once, the dentist sees his patients in the grocery store, and says hello. they all look startled and walk away.
    The next day the dentist is telling this story to one of his patients, but he's wearing the respiratory mask, gloves and protective eye wear. Which is why none of his patents recognized him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He looks more like a killer than hannible lecter

    ReplyDelete
  10. (grin) Yep, long winter. Sometimes you just forget you are a human with pink skin under all those layers. See any more birds wearing hoodies?

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you saw my husband in his trapping "outfit" you'd swear he just got finished with a samurai fight. *sigh* Gotta love 'em, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know...the baby blue jacket sort of takes the edge off...

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! You guys have some adventures, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete