Friday, March 1

Hoodies..and why I need a kayak and/or more camera equipment

No.  Not my normal attire.  BIRD type hoodies!






Yes, I know. Blur city. YOU try hanging out of a car window while sleety snow pelts your face and you're busy fighting with your beloved on WHY you need a 500mm lens because the f@#%ing birds won't come closer...
Anyway.

HOODIES! A herd of hooded mergansers! WOO!

Don't you think I should have a kayak...in addition to a 500mm lens?
Nothing could possibly go wrong with ME in a kayak, carrying a 500mm lens.
At all.

Michael tried (and succeeded) using my comments against me.
"You aren't a photographer, you said. You said you're someone who happens to have a camera. Why would you invest that much in a lens, if that's the case?"
"You laughed when I mentioned kayaks a few years ago. You brought up about 10 ways you would kill yourself with a kayak. So..what's changed?"
BECAUSE I SAID SO.


I know. Should have worked on that argument.



13 comments:

  1. :) well, i like the hooded mergansers, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we can see the sleet in the first pic! And your argument makes perfect sense to me:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL over the 500 mm lens in a kayak. If I did that and survived, I guarantee every single picture would be blurred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go I think you are a photographer a wet photographer but a photographer. Love those ducks. B

    ReplyDelete
  5. said SO!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3
    > < } } ( ° >
    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >
    ><}}(°> ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd opt for the 500 and a blind. :)

    I have seen a pic somewhere on the net where this fella had a wetsuit on and flotation gizmo to keep himself and his camera/lens topside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would not have the grace to stay in the kayak and keep the camera dry. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel bad. I rarely get close enough to Hoodies for decent shots even with my 500mm. They're very shy. That doesn't mean you shouldn't get a 500mm, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A 500mm in a kayak would surely be a disastrous combo for me! Those suckers are heavy! Nice shots of the Hoodies in the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love hoodies, but never have gotten close enough for a good shot. Go ahead and get that kayak and 500mm. Just get some good insurance in the lens and camera just in case:))

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, beautiful birds! I am not familiar with those so looked them up. I am always wanting to pull over to observe or snap a photo, but people drive like maniacs around here and it would not end well for me if I did. (They are very angry, too. Have you noticed if you drive slow and look at what you are passing it is very difficult to be filled with rage?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The combo of a 500 mm lens (that would cost lots and lots of money) and a kayak made me giggle.

    I found a very rich friend who owns every lens imaginable, and is happy to loan them to me for extended periods. That's a good deal! I have his 500 mm right now... but I only need that much zoom occasionally. I wouldn't take it in a kayak :)

    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got the 500mm big girl lens last year and to be honest -- you still have to get close to get a great photo. I don't use it that much and it was so expensive. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete