Tuesday, August 28

Gender roles/arachnids/bad for you/Pig

My two big, burly garbage men complained about the weight of my trash. (!?)
I'm not throwing away concrete block, people.  It's regular old household trash.

I asked if they needed my help lifting it into the truck, since I'm the one that carried it all the way down to the road.
"Oh, we figured your husband did." (!!??)
Sigh...and who says that?
"No, he was washing dishes when I took the trash out.  We have our gender roles confused."
I think I confused them, as both of them glanced at my chest.


We've had a ton of gorgeous spiders this year.
Please note: my spider photography sucks.  Most often, I'm in some crazy position trying to avoid webs!






I know a lot of you are ready to slap me for giant spider shots, but I love me some arachnids.
They kill stinkbugs.  They can do no wrong.
Plus, they scare the shit out of Michael...and it's just plain funny when my 6'2 husband runs.. screaming.

  I made a few dishes to freeze..snacky, side-dishy things.
Of course, I had to taste test.


Mushrooms with bourbon cured bacon and a little brown sugar.
I'm not a huge bacon fan DON'T HURT ME!, but these...I could eat my weight in these.  They didn't make it to the freezer.  After we ate a portion with dinner, well, there was no point in freezing the measly amount left.  Waste of freezer space!  I'll make another batch to freeze.  And I won't devour them like some shroom crazed beast. This time.

Michael is a fan of jalapeno poppers.  I am not.
They are tasteless blobs of deep fried nothing-but-hot.  
Unless...you use seasoned panko and a special blend of cheeses and perfectly ripe peppers from the garden.
I even bake the suckers, so we don't have DEEP FRIED SIN..
I'm all about deep fried goodies.  That part is more for people that worry about their arteries.  Unlike me.  Apparently.  Mmm.  Deep fried swiss cheese.  When the hell is the county fair?! 


They are absolutely delicious, except when I got my peppers confused and made some with Michael's OMGWTF peppers.  I have no idea what type they are, except they are yellowish and contain enough heat to make the sun sweat blood.  After I put out my face-fire, they were quite tasty.
Michael LOVES them and declares all other poppers "a waste of time".  How can I refuse to make giant batches of these stupid things?

___________
PIG UPDATE:
For those that asked, Pig is gone.  Or in witness protection. Or at Fat Camp.
I fear she's gone to the Great Bakery in the Sky.
We had one incident with a Pig-that-maybe-wasn't...and that ghog hasn't been back.

I miss her, kind of.
I do not miss her breaking and entering, harassing me, harassing the dogs, eating my yard, etc.
It was kind of nice not to worry every single time I let the dogs out.
   Wherever she is, I hope she is fat and happy and full of caaaaaaaaaaaarbs.



9 comments:

  1. Just love that you're back...even though you torture me with those spider shots. They are kinda pretty in a creepy way..I'll give you that.

    ByeBye Pig. I'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those yellow pepperish things pepperconis?

    Oh no, Carby Pig is gone? How sad. And you are so stinking mischevious where Michael is concerned, you crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do fried either but all of that looks great and I do jalapeno poppers at Christmas.
    I laughed at you and the trash men. That is so funny.
    Sorry about the pig. But I imagine it is easier to know the dogs are safe. :)
    Have a great day,
    I loved your spider pictures by the way. My son in law is a big guy and does the same thing. I just laugh too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard Pig found a new Italian family that took her in. All you can eat pasta and bread....

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww. thanks for the note on pig...

    glad you're back in the saddle, here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now THAT sounds like pepper-poppers (hehe fingers typed pepper-poopers which is most certainly and after-effect) ANYWAY poppers worth having. Fresh peppers, real cheese and baked not greasy deep fried--so much better than the mushy-mealy things that come in cardboard boxes from the freezer section.

    We'll all miss Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just wondering about your Pig yesterday when I was out securing my fence so that my baby pigs can't get in where the dogs usually are. Sorry to hear she's gone. I've always enjoyed your stories of her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought of you the other day. I've got a big jewel spider who has set up camp in the corner between the compost tumbler and the fence. The web doubles in size every time I go out there, and that corner hasn't been weeded since June.

    ReplyDelete