Saturday, October 8

Saturday..so far..

I've managed to:
- give a nice sear to the roof of my mouth.
Patience is not my virtue (and I do have a couple, so stop laughing).
Waiting for food to cool down?  Pfft.  That's for wimps.
Nothing says badass like staggering around the kitchen with molten cheese destroying the roof of your mouth.

- confuse the absolute crap out of myself with Google+
For someone who works online..I'm amazed at how quickly I get confused with social media.
Facebook..Google+..GAH!

- piss off an old friend who eats meat, but is completely against hunting
"How can you kill Bambi?!"
Yeah, I'm sure those cows lined up for the feedlot life, screaming "pick me! pick me!".  Do some research on your meat sources before you offer up judgement opinions.
I probably just pissed more of you off.
What can I say.  It's a skill.


On a stunningly gorgeous fall day, I managed to emotionally damage myself with winter predictions.
OH COME ON!  My part of WV is in the freakin' WORST area?!

I am going to pretend I did not see that map, and go outside in my shorts and flipflops to enjoy more of this:



It is officially fall when the maple at the end of the lane turns.

 I am not going to enjoy Henry, 20 lb jerk, because he is In Trouble.
Trying to start a war with your 97 lb sister is just plain stupid.
He's lucky she's a 97 lb cupcake.
Henry is part anteater, part ass.



Voodoo completely flipped his shit yesterday and was snarling and digging like a madman.
I thought there was at least a Cape Buffalo threatening our lives.
Instead, he violently attacked and killed...
A tree root.
From a dead pine.

Sigh.

16 comments:

  1. Is google + all that? I haven't looked into it. I'm content w/ blogging, email, twitter, facebook... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're safe from marauding trees then Sam. (Dead trees at least).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, you're sweet to ask me like I have ANY idea..LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another brutal winter. Now that just cheered me right up. Don't just love how all those pretty colors and floaty leaves try to ease us into being frozen like popsicles while we scrape an inch of polar ice from our car windows in the parking lot?

    However, real popsicles are supposed to be good for hot lava cheese mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny. My forecast is on there, see the green one over in California, some rain!!! I get mad every time I see it. Just so you know, they were wrong about us last year. We were supposed to be dry. Yeah well, last winter we had more rain in the last 100 years, and Mammoth where skiing is? They had so much snow you could snow on the 4th.
    This week they already received 3 feet, so yeah, they could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey now, my Saturday was going pretty well until I saw that "Stormy and Cold" pic for Philly! Don't be spreading rumors like that around!!! Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well! Thanks for that weather map. NOT! I'm in the worst part too. haha! At least we'll have blogging this winter.

    Bless VooDoo's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, i'm not liking the 'little or no frozen precip' for my part of texas! it better not be insinuating little or no precip whatsoever!!! i'd even take several inches of snow like we got last winter! okay, so pretty much you've now pissed us all off...

    henry better not start up w/ irie. i think he might lose that one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hopefully tomorrow's a better day, those weather people are wrong most of the time...don't listen to them...that map's a lie. we were supposed to have major hurricanes here this year...not one.
    i LOVE the look on Henry's face!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the opposite problem with food. I cook it, get distracted, and then wind up eating cold food.

    I love your pictures, as usual. I hope you know how blessed you are to live with that as a back yard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never, ever take my property for granted..it's my very favorite place :)
    -----
    Hey now..no getting pissed at me! Everyone direct their rage to Accuweather.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never get to eat hot food! By the time I fix everyone's plates and then fix mine it is warm and sometimes cold. Hot chocolate and tea are different stories though.

    I love the face of that little dog of yours! So cute!

    I seen that same map on my local station the other day. I'll believe ti when it happens! lol I am a little concerned that it has already snowed in the mountains and not just a light dusting either!

    Where's Pig? No Pig today? Well, at least I got to see a picture of that cute anteater! lol You can substitute the anteater for Pig when Pig isn't available!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo of Henry! Too funny about Voodoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! henry's portrait is absolutely amazing! adore it!

    i barely rescue my pans and pots from being burnt. i get that distracted!!

    no pig today?

    wonderful photos as usual, samantha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. with that weather map....well lets just say i've started early in my curl up into the fetal position and hide mode....

    well not really as it's still beautiful right now :)


    but we're in wisconsin......oh god :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man I am so going to pretend I did not see that map either. Nice distraction from it B

    ReplyDelete