Friday, October 7

Family dynamics

This morning, the triplets were out and about looking for chestnuts.

I don't name the deer, since I don't bother to keep track of any of them except Mama (creative, no?) since she's been around for several years.
We'll go with Large, Medium and Small for the triplets. ;)

Large was being a jerk..beating on Medium, chasing him from the chestnuts and whatever corn was leftover.

Pardon the blur..I wasn't ready to photograph Deer Rage!
"What?! It's a sibling thing!"
 HA!  Here comes Mama.  Suddenly you aren't so hardcore, are you, Large?
Large and Medium don't pick on Small with her around, no matter what he does to annoy them:

I kinda root for Small...he's..small!

"Can deer take birth control?  'Cause I'm all for being the test doe."

Medium trying for some comfort, and Mama having none o 'that.
The bird feeders got a good shake of red pepper flakes. I'm tired of the squirrels chewing up the feeders, and the deer just tearing them down.
Needless to say, the deer and squirrels are displeased.

12 comments:

  1. That's a good Mama right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of the one with his head on Mama's back!

    Very cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. red pepper flakes? great, now we got some cajun-craving deer and tree rats running around WV... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like around our place on rare occasion, except its under our apple trees. I agree, she does look like she could be wanting to dumb slap Large, there...

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun watching the triplets...wow that is just cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, a VERY dynamic family, rage and all. Is it unusual for deer to have three babies survive in one year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet action photos of the Deer family. It has to be so dang cool to watch them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MOST enjoyable!


    Aloha from Honolulu;

    Comfort Spiral



    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pics Sam, looks like that crew of youngsters keeps Mama on her toes, err I mean Hooves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures!!! You have such neat things to watch where you live.
    I just get skunks. I am not really interested to much in watching them though I do. They kind of make me nervous.Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love watching the little ones play, they crack me up! Mama does look like she's over it, haha

    ReplyDelete