Friday, October 7

GRR..but...

Vile human being.
Destroying A nest..ONE nest..is bad enough.
"1,458 nests and 2,400 eggs and chicks had been destroyed. Only one chick was still alive."
I have faith this scumbag's personal Hell will be filled with extremely pissed off birds.
----
NOW.
Moving on, because I refuse to allow this to upset me for the rest of the day..week..month..
We had a stunning morning..the fog and sunlight..just gorgeous.


Aside from the getting the pee scared out of me...
Ok, that was kinda low.  Scared me and the birds!

It was a perfect morning.
Part of our woods..
The five of us tromped around in the woods for a bit, then worked in the back yard.
Well, I worked.
The dogs did dog stuff.

"Bird!  BIRD!"
 Yes, Voodoo..there are birds at the bird feeder.


Strider and Henry, with Voo pointing...mushrooms...in the background.
Mushrooms.
His ancestors laugh.
 Voodoo doesn't eat mushrooms, but I dispose of the ones he finds. Why tempt fate?


Shortly after her Majestic Akita shot, Irie got her head stuck in a bucket.


I also stubbed my toes into one of those @#$%s.  That'll teach me to wear flipflops during chestnut season!
Once my toes stop throbbing, we're heading back out to the woods.

Maybe we can all do something kind for wildlife this weekend, to help make up for the *shortcomings* of some of our species.

8 comments:

  1. laughing at Irie. strider and henry look so handsome doing their synchronized sniffing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a chestnut tree! They're rare now, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you'd gotten a picture of Irie with her head in the bucket! too funny! Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you ar so lucky you live in such a magical place!
    can't stop looking at your gorgeous photos!


    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work 2 miles from the Air Base and they LOVE to do LOW flyovers all the time. They get me everytime! Actually when we had the earthquake, I thought it was those stupid fighter jets flying low, rumbling the ground haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BAHAHA at the Irie comment! Sorry you hurt your %!#&ing toe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It'll have to be something spectacular to make up for destruction on that scale. @#$%s!!!

    I'll do my bit today...

    ReplyDelete