Saturday, October 15

Alive!

The Chaos Household is still alive and well..just crazybusy.
I have 174 blog posts to catch up on.
Holy crow.

The living room project led to a spare bedroom project which led to a shed project..plus regular home care stuff, money earning stuff, cooking stuff.. and blech.
  I appreciate what we have and the ability to earn income and blah blah.
I do, truly.
Some days, I just want to pack up (with Michael and dogs/cats, most often) and run for it.

Fall gets to me.
I love our crazy wind and blowing leaves and dark skies..I need to be out IN IT.
I sat in my swing chair for a long while yesterday, leaves coming down hard and the wind screaming up the hill..absolutely cleansing.
The rain started again so I ran for it..I don't need that much cleansing.
I left the property twice in 10 days..I had a hermit kind of week.  Most of my friends are just appalled by this.."You need to get out!".  
  I have woods to walk and wildlife everywhere and my Loves are here.  I'm happy.  I'm content.
Plus, spending too much time with The Masses just pisses me off.
So, think of it as a public service ;)


In order to stick with my theme of absolute no freaking theme whatsoever, have some photos!

Our woods

From my swing chair
 These were taken at the state park 3 minutes from my house...something else I appreciate.




And for some more non-themey theme...
I'm hopping in with Happier Than A Pig In Mud and answering those questions you were dying to know.
I know you were losing sleep over this.  Admit it.

 A. Apples or oranges?: Both, but have more apples around since we can grow 'em.
B. Bed: Queen, with 8 pillows and no sheets under 1000 thread count.  It's my nest..
C. Chore you hate: Dragging brush or tree limbs. 
D. Dog: Four in residence..the Chaos Dogs.  
Henry- Jack Russell/Beagle mix.  Strider- Rottweiler/Pit bull/coon hound mix.  Voodoo- Llewellin Setter. Irie-Akita.
E. Essential start to your day: Coffee, let dogs out, computer.
F. Favorite Color: Purple.
G. Gold or Silver: Silver
H. Height: 5'7".  I feel tall compared to my friends, but like a shrimp next to Michael.
I. Instruments you play: I played flute for a while in school.  Nothing now.
J. Job You Most Liked: Executive Hedonist, current position.
K. Kids: No thanks.
L. Live in: A small town in VERY northern West Virginia, population 2,800ish.
M. Make of Car: Saturn.  God, what will I do when my Saturn Vue dies. *sob* This is our second and we love these suckers.
N. Nicknames: Sam (obvious one, there), Catbird (considering how nosy and bossy, not so flattering). NO ONE calls me Sammy except my little brother and one friend who earned the right since she's put up with me since 7th grade.  She also introduced me to Michael!
O. Overnight Hospital Stays: Not too many.  I bitch so much they tend to *treat and release* ;)
P. Pet Peeves: People that park their shopping cart in the middle of a grocery aisle. 
Q. Quote from a movie: "
Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick!"  I can't shoot anything, even a pellet gun or bow, without quoting this.  I'm fairly annoying.
R. Right or Left Handed: Right
S. Scary Movies-yes or noYES YES YES!
T. T.V. Shows: Medical or forensic shows, American Horror Story, the Walking Dead, Dexter.  Cheerful selections!
U. Underware: Resounding Yes.
V. Vegetable You Hate: Cauliflower.  I'll eat it if it's roasted, but I still hate it.
W. What makes you run late: I get distracted easi....wait, what?
X. X-Rays: Tons. On almost every part of my body.
Y. Yummy Food That You Make: I would like to think everything I make is yummy, dammit.  
Z. Zoo Animal: I'm not big on zoos.  I understand the conservation aspect and money is needed to house them, but it's just not my thing.

-----------------
Now you can sleep well knowing I like underwear, horror and I'm right handed.

We're hiking today, have some errands to run..and 3 new horror movies to watch! WHEE!
We're also taste testing some seasonal beer.
You know..so I can report to you, beloved followers.
*cough*

ENJOY YOUR SATURDAY!







22 comments:

  1. Glad to know you are alive and well. Love all of your photos. Living in a place such as you, I wouldn't want to leave either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your woods shots. and i'm totally a hermit too. i once never left the property for 9 days straight - only going as far as the mailbox. of course, i had someone home at the time bringing me groceries and occasional take-out. if i'm alone, i'm forced to go out and forage on my own...

    and i LOVE dragging tree limbs and brush! just can't burn 'em this year! i HATE housework! put me outside any old day; just don't make me dust!

    missing Pig already... {sigh}

    have a good day, crazy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, there you are! I thought you told Pig to scoot over... you're hibernating too!

    Great shots! How nice to have such a beautiful park so close by!

    I liked your list! I might have to join up too... looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just hate how fix-up projects domino??!! Either the fixed stuff makes the old stuff look REALLY old or the fixed stuff doesn't fit with old stuff, or the fixed stuff works so well it breaks the old stuff....aaaarrrggghh!

    Good to hear you too understand how important 1000 thread count is. I'll sleep better knowing that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being a hermit some weeks. Especially in the winter when it's cold. The winter my twins were weekends I only left the house if I ran out of food. It didn't bother me a bit.

    Of course everything you cook is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're enjoying fall! I saw a couple groundhogs the other day and thought about Pig... I miss her already:@( Glad you joined the silliness, love your answer to the hospital stays! I'm with you, if ya gotta go in, get out as quickly as possible:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. didn't know they even made 1000 tread count sheets...must be like a cloud in heaven...
    LOL

    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't leave home often either. If my husband doesn't need something at Lowes then he sees no reason to go anywhere. I probably leave the house a few more times than he does since I buy the groceries, take the dogs to vet appts. etc. Hubby could do completely without society.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, how about that Sam - I also like women's underware!

    Although it's difficult to get anything that fits right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good post! Great colours in the trees! Wow, I'd go nuts with the camera if confronted with colours like that. Even the polarizer would blitz with the contrast. Speaking of polarizer, where's yours?!

    Dexter is on tonight over your way isn't it? As a big fan I'm liking the look of the new series...

    ReplyDelete
  11. After your woods shots, I was thinking that I'd hang out on that property with you and never leave. Then the park shots changed my mind.... I'd like to see that in person too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to stay home for 9 days straight! Having kids requires me to go out or I wouldn't. My mom will not go anywhere and hasn't for an entire year. Before that it was about a year before we went anywhere.

    I played the flute too! My favorite color is purple and I have a room in my house with purple carpet. I also had purple carpet in my room when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photos and glad to hear someone likes the wild wind. Thanks for swirling over to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Photos are great but your ABCs are fabulouser. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice angle on the trees! And on the alphabet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stay where you love it the most...and those pix prove your decision to abandon the masses!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  17. it was great learning more about you !!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope this doesn't ruin your day, but your mention of the Saturn reminded me of the lyrics to 'Snow White Diner' by the Handsome Family:

    "I am eating hash browns in the Snow White Diner/
    Outside some cars are honking, flashing lights on the bridge/
    They're pulling a car up from the bottom of a frozen lake/
    A woman drove her Saturn into the black water/
    Killed herself and her two kids trapped in the back seat/
    She'd lost her job and didn't want her kids to be poor..."

    It's better than it sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm jealous of your hermitage. I've been trying really hard lately at work to be super encouraging, sweet, and helpful. It is so against my true nature. I'm impressed you know how many blog posts behind you are. I don't even want to think about it but just try to catch up with a few here and there. I sure have been missing your humor though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your FB photo is gorgeous! What a beautiful face behind that camera lens. :)

    ReplyDelete