Monday, October 17

Sunday recap

All over the place..........

We hiked yesterday.  After a few so-so photos, I tossed the camera in the car before we hit real trails.  The wind was insane..loved it..but the damned camera was banging around on my chest and driving me nuts (the cheapie lightweight Kodak).
HA, Greg! No polarizer! I'm a rebel!
..and the polarizer doesn't fit this camera.
And um...I don't know where I put the polarizer.

Michael, trying to pretend he's enjoying the wind. Instead, he was disgusted by the dry goose poop flying at him.

Look closely..there are two round black "eyeball" looking things.  It's driving me crazy wondering what they are.

There was a family fishing along the lake..driving me nuts with their noise.
Then I felt like a jerk, as the 10-ish year old son just had to tell us he caught his first fish.
I remember the excitement of my first fish.
And really..I'm 35 years old and have a spontaneous HappyDance.  I do this dance anywhere.
Can't really say anything about a 10 year old's glee ;)
Plus, the mom said my dogs were "the most gorgeous, well-behaved dogs I've ever seen!"
I can forgive anything if you compliment my dogs.

I made Jean's bird cake recipe this weekend.  The birds are going crazy over it.
I decided to use my 1 inch mini muffin pan..my hanging suet log has 1 inch holes.  The cakes pop right in.
Well, the second batch did, when I cut strips of wax paper and placed them in the muffin tin. Make sure you have enough paper left for handles, and those suckers pop right out.
The first batch looked like it was savaged by a badger. 


Our sassafras leaves are gone now..gorgeous while they lasted.

Scary. Freaking. House.
This was a dairy when I was little..we got our milk and eggs here.
Had no idea terrible things were happening in this place.
Apparently, I was raised on fresh milk..and horror!

Neighbor across the hill..love their farm!

Driving to "town".  

I need to get up and moving...clearing out the spare bedroom..
I would rather be in the woods.

14 comments:

  1. Okay, I loved the autumn leaves on the edge of the pond until you pointed out the freaky eyes.!

    That is a Scary Freaking House. I grew up on a dairy farm and was raised on fresh milk and eggs (horror) and am still disgustingly healthy--short, but I blame that on grandma. The only real horror at our dairy were my stupid brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to wonder who planted the vine so that it grows out of the windows in that freaky house. And, holy cow, does that place look run down, considering that a family lived there not that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, sounds like you need to spill some of the secrets of that dairy house, ms. horror movie lover...

    glad you had some time in the woods and wind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eyes are super freaky!
    Loved all of the color in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. QQQQuuuuuuit trying to give me nNnnnnightmares...that house is creepy- deepy.
    Love the fall photos though! so pretty. Mr g was in Cumberland Falls trail area with his BoySc Troop. He needed a leg massage when he got home yesterday...Old Man Legs Syndrome..its a terrible thing. The hiked about 12 miles

    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEEKKKK... scary freaking house scary freaking house... runs away fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh tell me more about scary house. Come on, spill it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the eyeball thingies in the water are walnuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely foilage (as Marge Simpson said it) - we don't get that stuff over here. And you are so lucky to have that axe-murderer house in the neighbourhood.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was about to say can ya help a bloggy buddy out and circle the black eyeballs or something... then I saw them in the leaves... Looks like the mouth of two glass beer bottles to me:@) The pic of the farm is beautiful, sounds like a nice hike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thinking your scary black eyeballs may be a few wayward acorn caps, but I'm kinda afraid to enlarge your image just to see it a little better though. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks much prettier there than here in Minnesota. We've already progressed to the brownish stage except for those die hard leaves that are waiting for me to completely clean up my yard so they can drop and mess it up again. It's all a mad plot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love taking this trip with you. Scary house and milk strange combination. B

    ReplyDelete