Monday, September 19

Quote from this weekend...

When we first started working toward a more self-sustaining life (and then camping as our vacation instead of hotels), we often received the Thoreau quote in emails from friends and family.
It became kind of a joke between us, to recite that quote when we were camping in a monsoon or doing some God-awful gardening job.
This weekend as we tried to warm up after a brisk 36 degree, 1am bathroom trip, Michael begins to quote:
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach..and OMG what is crawling in my pants?!?! GETOUTOFTHEWAY! MOVEMOVEMOVE!".

and that, my friends, is what *going to the woods* will teach you..spiders also think fleece pants are toasty warm!