Tuesday, September 20

It's official..

I need therapy.
Or a hobby.
Or winter to get here so Pig hibernates.


Yesterday morning I wandered outside with a camera, a scale and the crow/Pig scraps.
I stood on the giant rock in the yard, well out of Pig's reach, and placed the scale where I thought she would stand.
Pig spotted the bowl and stepped right onto the scale.
(The crows also spotted the bowl and were screaming obscenities from the treetops.)

That went a little easier than I expected!



11 pounds, 2 ounces..roughly.
Average groundhog weight is between 7 and 11 pounds, so sayeth The Google.

She started reaching for my toes...

So I tossed her a leftover tortilla.
My kinda gal...snarfing down carbs while standing on a scale.

"WHAT!?  11 pounds?!"

"I hate dieting."

I got.
A groundhog.
On a scale.
Shouldn't there be some kind of award or prize for this?


This led to me violently cleaning my scale (no offense, Pig, but you are a Wild Thing).
Michael wandered in and asked what I was doing.
"Cleaning the scale..Pig was on it."

He eyeballed me and left the room, muttering something about "crazy"....
If Pig doesn't hibernate soon, God knows what will be next.