Sunday, September 18

Tent math..

We get a lot of comments on the size of our tent..
My tent math:
Add 2 adults and 2 dogs, multiply Michael's height of 74 inches and the amount of days we'll be trapped in the tent because of rain, divide by the hours of whining I'll do if I can't fit a queen size air mattress..and you get a 7-8 person tent.  With a screen room attached. ;)
We have slept in tents meant for 2 people.  Not only no, but hell no.
We were squashed and annoyed.
Camping should be enjoyable.  Even if it's 36 degrees and windy as hell.
This is why I packed flannel sheets, the double sleeping bag and a down comforter.

Guess who forgot her shiny new filter?




 Voodoo, cracked out bird dog, did SO WELL with the terrifying carp and All The Birds.


"Hey, let's walk down and see the gulls!" I said.  Foolishly.



 ...and then I said "RUN!".
The gulls were not playing around- "Bread, or die!".
Feeding gulls is not fun for me.  I don't enjoy feeding birds that happily rip off your fingers.
Even the carp didn't mess with them.


My mom didn't see Pig the whole time we were gone.
As we pulled in the lane yesterday, I spotted an angry lump sitting at the bottom of the front steps.

Fearing she would go all seagull on our asses, I tossed a carob brownie her way and we ran for the house.





12 comments:

  1. love the heron and the cormorants. glad to see pig as your big fat welcoming committee!! just don't tell her about the carp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! So nice of Pig to welcome her Mama home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' the first pic, funny that Pig was waiting for you:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good trip - you got great pics! LMAO over Pig :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! I'm with you on two man tents. Too squishy and cold. A folding cot is my requirement. Good side--it hasn't collapsed at 2 a.m...YET. Bad side...no room for warmish bed partners.

    I'm seeing a movie in the future. Zombie Ground Hogs meet The Birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos of your weekend adventure. What a pretty location to camp out and enjoy nature. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice pictures, even if you did forget your filter. I am so glad the pig was waiting when you got home.
    She must have ESP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pig is precious and how nice that she was waiting for you :) I like your camping style. Comfort is everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful bird shots, Samantha!

    I "LOL" every time I see that silly pig! I just know she's gonna show up in the post somewhere! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha! You are really talented at the whole nature photography thing. You should freelance for a nature mag!

    I'm thinking Pig was all, "Who the hell is THIS? How do I know she didn't slip some protein into my carbs?"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you had a decent time camping. The dogs really looked like they had fun. The carp kinda scares me. "Feed me" like the venus flytrap and all.

    Poor Pig, to be all angry! But I think the brownie will soothe her mood. For now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great pictures...and warm welcome from pig!!
    yeah, camping should be enjoyable...a 2 man tent is for the guy who's climbing up the mountain by rope...whatever that's called!

    and that's why we have a slide in camper...our home away from home. we put in enough years of the tents. :)

    ReplyDelete