Monday, September 12

Eight and counting..

8 days of rain..not constant, thank goodness.
The creeks and lakes aren't flooding, which shows how much rain was needed.

We're gathering up gear for a camping trip at the end of the week.
Michael cracks me up..the overnight temps are supposed to be around 42F (I think that's around 5C?).  No big deal to me, but he makes it sound like we're camping in Antarctica.
Did you know there was an expedition to Antarctica called Nimrod? Now, I get the hunter/biblical reference but all I can think about is the current word usage..and that's pretty dang funny.


Anyway.
I finally caved and bought a polarizing filter.
I blame Greg and his incredible sky photos.
Michael asked why I needed one now, since I've had my camera for a while...
"Some man from the internet said I did".
It's a miracle I'm allowed out of the house ;)

Shopping for the filter was interesting (read: confusing and made me cry a little).
"Miss, if you want to use automatic settings, I suggest you go with a circular polarizer blahblahblah...look, we have 168 billion for you to choose from!"
Circular...? Wait..what?
"Look, sir, I'll level with you.  I'm not a photographer.  I just..take photos. I don't want to know.  I just want my blue sky less washed out, and I want rid of the big giant pink tinted spots in white clouds...unless there's actually pink.  And..I don't want to sell a kidney so you can put THAT box down right now."
He sighed..and narrowed down the choices.
I haven't tested it out yet.

I don't want pink spots..unless there's actually pink spots.  Makes sense to me.

 Do they make a lens for....groundhog ear closeups?  NO!?  They don't make a macrohog lens?!

Freakishly shaped like a humans.

Pig continues to carry her snacks across the field to the front yard.  I do not know why.

"Mmmmm baked pahtaytah!"

Needs no caption.


"More potato, please!"
Sadly, no rice cracker hats (below her foot).  They don't fly very well, nor do they stick the landing like tortillas and lettuce.


In a few moments, I'll be sneaking out the back door and creeping around the woods like a serial killer...
so Pig doesn't see where I'm taking the crow food.

25 comments:

  1. She is a very, very messy eater. And, I'll bet you, she sees you feed that crow, and gets at least some of its food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that's not a trained pig? If it's not trained, it sure knows what a camera is! :-)

    Let us know how that filter works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she moves her food to the front yard for some company? I was looking for some Pig over the weekend, and I have been satisfied!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can send some of that rain here if you want. We could really use it.

    I didn't know you could buy filters for making clouds non-pink. I thought that was the white balance??? Cool that filters can do it for you too.

    Pig Rocks. Please, please do a little photo book of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian, if I was training her..it would be to Go Away!

    I'll look around at photo book, options. Just for you, J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous of your rain. Why is none coming to Texas????? I don't understand.

    Weird ear!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious. I need things for this camera but I don't know what! Wish there was a man who came in the box to tell me ....
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I can't wait to hear how this works out! You'll be in camo, crawling through the woods, drop the crow food in a clearing out the other side... and get back home to find Pig waiting for you with whatever you just dropped:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, where ya headed? We're actually going to be across the border next weekend ourselves for some "camping". It would be funny if we were in the same park.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We need the rain so much around here that I am happy that it is raining. We can't take our boat out because the water is too low in the lake! We drove to the lake just to take a look and couldn't believe how low it was. I don't think all the rain has helped much.

    I'm not sure if I could stay in a tent if it gets that cold! lol

    Hope you were able to sneak out without Pig finding you! lol That's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore pig!!!
    as for the weather... hurricane Katia is hitting us as I write this x

    ReplyDelete
  12. pig and i would get along well - until, of course, we'd fight over the baked potato... :)

    good luck on the camping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOu crack me up ! sneaking around with the crow food so the pig won't see you i bet she is tracking you anyway . Love that sky shot is that one you took ? I love pink tinged clouds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you finally got some mud.
    CROWS UNITE! Rebel against thieving groundPIGS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I swear Pig is smirking in the next to the last photo!

    Pig & I would have some battles for the carbs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I swear...
    I'm going to send one box for you - one for pig.

    LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! That baked potato looked good!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  18. My wife and I are addicted to your pig pictures. It's the only garden blog she's even slightly interested in, but the pig pictures are amazingly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make me laugh so much with that silly pig. She must keep her eye peeled to see when you sneak out of the house. So does she come and eat in the front yard to show you that she found it? I like your pictures with the filter, they looks really clear but your other ones did too,
    Have fun camping. You just have to cuddle to stay warm, the best part of camping, :)
    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think Pig is eating better food than I am!

    Polarizer trauma?! I use the cheapest Hoya polarizer and they make a few, but I'm happy with the cheap one :) I'm sure if you find a nice sunny day and look through the lens whilst rotating it you'll work it out. If I did then it can't be too hard!

    Remember it works best on an angle to the sun and not straight at it like I tried at first!

    Get those clouds to look super fluffy white like this pic :) http://bit.ly/p04pIU

    ReplyDelete
  21. What camera are you using for these latest photos? I want to be able to tell my DH, 'a woman on the internet said I needed one!'. Seriously, I would like to know. I am working myself into wanting a new camera...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greg, I definitely didn't buy an expensive one! My trauma came from trying to decide on which one..and the confusing camera lingo flying out of the salesperson's mouth.

    gld, I use my old Canon Eos Rebel Xs. I'll stay in the Canon family when I upgrade, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's always fun to acquire a new piece of camera equipment and to learn how to use it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. In the last picture, in which you captioned "More Potato, please!" I just realized... Pig IS saying "more" in sign language. Smart gh!

    ReplyDelete