Friday, August 19

Yesterday...

was not my day.
Packed car for The Park Trip.
Realized we were overdue for oil change (by like 150 miles, Mr. Obsessive Oil Change Man)..stomped into house to call garage to see if we could get in quickly.  All clear there.
Realized I forgot to feed the birds, stomped through yard and stepped in dog crap.
Stormed into house to find one of the SEVEN other pairs of trail shoes I own..couldn't find them for 45 minutes.
God knows why they were in a tote marked "Fall/Halloween decorations".

Got the oil changed.
Trapped in the waiting area at the garage, listening to a woman's conversation about her terrible boils..
Her ass boils.
Fled to the baking sun of the parking lot and laughed hysterically at Michael's shock and horror.

Realized I forgot my camera.
Realized I forgot the camera outside while I was stomping shit out of my shoes.

Got behind the Slowest Driver on Earth.  25mph in a 55 zone.
Slowest Driver changed into Worst Driver, as she weaved over the white and yellow lines.  Repeatedly.
Of course, she was in front of us the entire way home.
I nearly chewed my seatbelt in half.

I decided I was entirely too annoyed to make the drive to the park...I know when I've reached my tolerance level for humanity.. and that park is usually full of people.

Expelled some annoyance by target shooting.
No, I did not envision Miss Ass Boils or Worst Driver Ever.


We played with the dogs and went swimming...
After a few hours of sun, wind and chlorine fumes, I stopped wanting to jump up and down on someone's liver.
I consoled myself with BBQ chicken nachos and beer.

Are we going to The Park...the Mythical Park?
I'm not saying.
I keep hexing myself.

15 comments:

  1. Your life is certainly an adventure. Sometimes adventures are good, sometimes they're bad. But, it seems to me that even your bad adventures are really good ones, because they make you laugh, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, at least you managed to work yourself back out of the snit after you've worked your way into it. :) stomping on someone's liver... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute, even when your in a snit! I do however understand about the tolerance for people. I turn into Miss Lady from Hell with a Migraine whenever we're around a ton of people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, that didnt go too well... but hey thats all part of the adventure, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Sam !!!
    What a day ...
    You made me laugh out loud when I read this post...
    Your the greatest read of my day
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just like good shoes attract dog doo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopin' today's much better! But B-B-Q Chicken Nachos and Beer sound pretty darn good to me:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugh. sounds like you managed to turn things around though without police intervention, so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm OCD about oil changes too (blush).

    But hey, doesn't bbq chicken nachos cure everything?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with everyone else...BBQ Chicken and beer is a must after wearing shitty shoes on a shitty day

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least you got a good story out of all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just realized that I think that my truck needs an oil change! My husband is almost as bad about that as your husband but he wouldn't have called and took it in that day! lol

    I'm so sorry that you didn't make it to the park. Maybe next time?

    ReplyDelete
  13. *laughing hysterically*

    just one day... i want to hang out with you for just one day.

    LMBO!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a day just like yours yesterday. But, I didn't target shoot - I would have been a danger to humanity at that point!

    ReplyDelete