Saturday, August 13

Of course...

as soon as I say we haven't seen her....


Pig comes stomping up the hill looking for food.

We have a routine.
Pig comes to the house..peers up the steps at the screen door..snorting and sniffing.
Dogs bark like maniacs.
I chase Pig with flapping arms and yelling.
Pig runs like hell to her den.
Repeat until I take the fruit and veg leftovers to the designated spot.

I used to worry about Pig and the deer eating "people food"..anything processed..that I was feeding the crows.
FYI, crows love pasta.
I stopped worrying about it.  We eat whole grain/organics/blahblah.  They eat better than most American families!


"Caaaaaarbs...I love carbs!"

"I love your organic 12 grain bread!"


"I'm not eating organic strawberries...I WANT CARBS!"


Pig feet. Terrifying, yet cute.

22 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Pig! We missed you. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, her creepy yet oddly cute little feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absence makes the heart grow fonder:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pig and i would sit around all day and 'break bread' together. of course, i'd be downing wine with mine too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is it that Pig is so stinking cute but the other ground hogs you see on the side of the road aren't? Maybe it's because she has a name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was my biggest smile of the morning. I love pig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with pig...why eat healthy food when you got bread hangin' around :) Hope you're felling better and cook allthose germies away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see Pig!

    But....(insert throat clearing sound) girlfriend should have some pasties covering those tatas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's adorable, but, those feet are a little scary. I hope that you are feeling some better today. Why is it that being sick in the Summer always seems worse than being sick in the Winter? Is it just the weather, or is there something else at work?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh, creepy cute creature! I love bread, too, so I understand the addiction. sigh. And apparently ducks really like it, too. Hen scratch is nice, but BREAD is King. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. in her heart, she calls you mommy !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tami, sorry, I used all my undergarments in the garden! :D

    beth, she's a little over 3...I can't wait to drop her off with the preschoolers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's cute. I love your photos. Deb=^..^=x4 Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  14. pig's on the atkin's diet, i see...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there - that really is a good backyard shot! I dont get things like that here - but I dont think you get possums!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stewart- we have possums, but an entirely different kind of possum!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Nyquil! it is the closest I have ever come to being a drug addict ;) LMAO! Glad you are feeling better. Those are some cute feet :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMGosh, I just adore Pig! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete