Saturday, August 13

BAH!

Forget allergies.  I'm sick.
By yesterday afternoon, my joints ached and I was running a 103 fever.
You know, when I had the kitchen buried under tomato sauce/paste supplies and couldn't stop.
Typical, right?

I run an almost paranoid-clean kitchen, but after realizing I was sick it was cleaner than most surgical suites!  I was making sauce for other people, too: "Here's your pasta sauce..and some plague germs!  Enjoy!"
My hands are red from the constant hand washing.
3 gallons of plain pasta sauce (so we can add meat or vegetables as desired), 9 half pints of tomato paste and 8 pints of salsa.
I just got the last of the dishes washed when Michael staggered in the door with eight pounds..EIGHT..of strawberries.  The very last of the local organics from a farm we love.
He's alive because he didn't know I was sick (I was too busy to call and whine).

Once again, he earned the Ultimate Husband title..because he didn't put a pillow over my face as I grumbled and tossed and turned and bitched.
I'm not a good sick person.  Being sick pisses me off.

We did have gorgeous skies yesterday..and I managed to be outside (sitting on the steps sneezing and cussing) when the starlings flew over!
I know fall is coming closer when the starling flock appears in the evenings.
The photos don't do it justice.  There's a stream of hundreds of starlings...all you hear is the rush of wings..it's fantastic!






We haven't seen Pig for 2 days...normal for this time of year...but I still worry about her!
I told the dogs "Watch for Pig", so Irie and Voodoo are keeping an eye out the doors and windows.
I know most of you will be on PigWatch with me, so I'll keep you updated ;)

8 comments:

  1. I hope Pig shows up soon. I am worried about her too. Hope you feel better. I hate being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girly! with all the tomato sauce/paste canning, you should have soaked up enough Vitamin C via osmosis to help ward off any crud. sorry it didn't work!

    maybe pig has the crud too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope this crud of yours passes fast! Hoping Pig is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Pig knows you get grumpy when you're sick and she's just laying low:@) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be going to be an early fall/winter for the birds to be heading south already! It's too early!!!!

    Hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're feeling a bit better today! I would love to know your pasta sauce recipe! And thanks for the tomato paste recipe you posted earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe you need to slow down a little? Hope you are feeling better today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor thing, I had it last weekend and then half the week I ran fever and carried the Kleenex box around with me. I did survive, hope you are better soon. Lots of fluids, take some naps and for God's sake, stay out of the KITCHEN!

    ReplyDelete