Friday, August 12

Fair warning..

this post is ALL over the damned place.

I'm fighting allergies (or the black plague), so I'm all whiny and melodramatic.
My tonsils are swollen and I sound like Godzilla going through puberty.  I swear this causes acute deafness in Michael and the dogs.  I keep bellowing and getting more Godzilla-y, they keep pretending to not hear me and snickering.
Yes, dogs snicker.  They also give good Glare.
Actually, she's happily waiting to be released from her Wait and get a bite of cheese.
My gardening hat.  It won't fit on her head the right way because of her ears.
That makes me snicker.


Last year, I planted WAY too many eggplants.  This year, I only planted two..and yet..I have WAY too much eggplant.

Five Fairytales on one plant..and I've picked 14 already.  Make it stop!
I don't know anyone that likes eggplant or I would be passing out these purple ..darlings.

My UPS delivery is always the same person.  He's fantastic.
He brings turkey jerky for the dogs..it's a bribe so they don't eat him, but still!
Yesterday, he sees me in the garden and brings the package to me...stops and stares...

UPS guy:  Sam..are those..pantyhose?
Me:  Yep.  Actually, they were thigh-highs.  It amused several people on my blog...and now I'm going to mention YOU mentioning the pantyhose!  I'll also point out you weren't weird and pervy about thigh-highs and melons.
UPS guy: I love coming here...even if you are wearing a tshirt that says Serial Killer and you're holding a sharp trowel.  But, you're also wearing a cowboy hat.  I don't know what to think.
Me: Oh great.  Now you're telling Blogland I dress like a crazy person.
UPS guy: Actually, you will be telling them....

See why I love him?!

So..as promised..
HI HANK! :D

Blue table..blahblah..is anyone else sick of tomato pics?

Today is vat of pasta sauce day...and tomato soup day...and tomato paste day.

A quick copy for those who asked about the paste:

TOMATO PASTE 
8 qt. peeled, cored, chopped tomatoes, about 4 dozen large
1 1/2 c. chopped sweet red peppers (about 3)
2 bay leaves
1 tbsp. salt
1 clove garlic (optional)

Combine all ingredients and cook slowly over low heat for 1 hour. Press tomato mixture through a fine sieve, add garlic if desired. Cook mixture slowly until thick enough to round up on a tablespoon (about 2 1/2 hours). Stir frequently.Remove clove of garlic. Pour hot mixture into hot Ball jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust Ball dome lids and Ball bands. Process half pints 45 minutes in water bath canner.


I like it better than canned tomato paste, but it is a pain in the butt.

Blueberries with cream and a little sugar.
 I argue that IS a health food because of the blueberries..and um..the calcium in the cream.  So there.


96 pounds.  6 pounds.
Youngest dog and oldest cat.
Besties..no matter how odd the pairing.
I would love to get a good photo of them together, but Punk is usually squashed under Irie.

Supposedly, we're having a fire and a few drinks this evening.
Stop over!
Just bring bribes for the dogs.
Probably a good idea to bring bribery food for me, too.