Sunday, August 14

It lives...

*It* being me.
I feel semi-human this morning!
I spent the last 24 hours in a haze of Dayquil and NyQuil, which I haven't taken in years..had no idea it was that ..ah..potent.
How is that shit over-the-counter legal!?
The Day formula had me so cracked out I couldn't sit still...
8 lbs of strawberries frozen or jammed, 3 lbs of blueberries and 3 quarts raspberries cleaned and frozen, 24 Bell peppers cleaned, sliced and frozen.
I love that moment while making jam when you realize the stuff is nothing more than sweetened lava.
My palm will grow back eventually.
I found myself sorting the storage container cabinets by size and color.
I couldn't stop scratching my eyebrows.
I mowed half the property.  Now THAT was brilliant idea.
Remember- do as I say, not as I do.
As a matter of fact, do the exact opposite of what I do.  You'll live longer and have less scars.
  Because I was 1. high and 2. running a fever, I felt it was wise to take the nighttime version.
Instead of knocking my ass out, I lay there drowsy and twitching.
Until 4 am.
Less than half the berries.  God help me.


This fall and winter, I'll look at my packed freezer and cabinets and feel content.  Right now, I'm just chock full of resentment.
Even though canning and freezing is my bright idea.

Note the deer-pruned hostas...

Looking for bugs under the pot...


Threatening a chipmunk..

He's a scary little bugger!
 I took a lot of bird shots yesterday I thought were great.  I must have had DayQuil goggles on!


Just for fun:

Pig, from July of last year:




15 comments:

  1. too funny! that sh*t (the night-time variety) lets me sleep for about 2 hours, then BAM! crazy and jittery and roaming the dark house...

    and yeah, mowing half the yard when you've got a fever? um, girl, are you TRYING to pass out and be eaten up by pig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better. Somehow, I missed the post that you were sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least you were productive??? I can see a new marketing campaign for Dayquil "harvest while high, you'll get more done"... Glad you're feeling better:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl...you kicked major butt again! Sure hope you're feeling better today. Maybe TRY to get some rest????

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a colorful bounty! glad you survive it's canning to tell the tale! seriously, it's a good thing pig was no where around while you were mowing under the influence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better. That OTC crap never works for me, either. Always makes me feel worse, though in a different way, than just being sick. I usually retreat, swearing and moaning, to bed. That, of course, is one of the advantages of being single -- you can let things go to crap and there's no one to mind.

    That little nuthatch is a fearsome beastie, when he's mad. I've never seen one in that stance. I pity the chipmunk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now we all have the secret...get high, then can & freeze!..Glad you're feeling better????...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that cold medicine can be wicked. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TexWisGirl is right. That kind of self-medication could turn you into Pig food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes the OTC meds make me feel worse than the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hum.... Now I wonder if I should get some of that stuff for my next sinus flareup! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are feeling better. And those strawberries? I could totally dive into those. YUM. Uh...I've got Lots To Do. Could you pass the Dayquil?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a great day!!!

    Sadly, we don't get that stuff in the UK, which is lucky as half of Hackney would have a permanent cold!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I took that stuff once and went to a funeral let us just say not a good thing.
    The fruit looks great you will love that in the winter. Nice birds. B

    ReplyDelete
  15. I sooooo feel you right now...as I am cutting, cooking, canning, freezing everything in sight....I am mumbling "what the hell am I doing this for? Why do i always get myself into this shit?"...and when mid-December hits and I am am grubbing on all my goodies, then it is "ahhh, this is why"

    Hope you feel better! Too bad you are not closer or I would come over to help a canning sista out!

    ReplyDelete