Monday, August 15

Dramatic sigh...

Two nights of little sleep.
Last night I coughed and cussed and tossed and turned.  Michael finally bailed and went for the couch.  I don't blame him.
An improvement from the night before and the NyQuil twitching, though!
Forget that I have the plague...
We were supposed to leave today for our camping trip, but it's raining the next 3 days at our destination.
I'm not a Good Sport who willingly camps in a monsoon (and especially not with Plague).
All that fussing over air mattresses and locations and dates.
Ah well!


Yesterday, I took leftovers to the crows...but...someone was watching.



So much for the crows getting leftover baked beans and stale bread!



I love her desperate grip on the bun.  I feel that way about bread, too.


The turkey girls hurried through yesterday..with their poults! YAY!
Pardon the pic quality..it was pouring and I was in a hurry.


I haven't seen the girls in a while.  Thrilled to see them ..and the newbies.

I had to chase deer away from the garden early this morning.
The fawn triplets are doing well, fat and happy!  They were looking through the garden fence with interest, so I did my usual arm flapping and yelling.
I'm sure my neighbors think I'm batshit crazy.
Thank God they can't see me...they can only hear the insanity.




19 comments:

  1. I'm sure our neighbors wonder about the hootin' and hollerin' that comes from our yard and we try to chase the squirrels from the feeders. ha!

    I do hope today is the day you turn a corner and feel much better!

    So sad about the camping trip being rained out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your camping trip, it's been raining for two days here too. Hope you're feeling better:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you are up on the weather situation and not going into a monsoon, camping wise.

    Great to see the little turkey kids. Would be late for around here. Hope they are able to survive the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh. No wonder that pig is so fat. I hope the turkeys survive, too. Around here hawks eat babies. I hate hawks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i'm glad for the rain forecast so you wouldn't be tempted to go camping with the plague - because you probably would have... then michael would have to leave you in the tent and bail to the truck... :)

    get better, crazy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look long and hard to find Pig in the first pic!

    Oh, I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have wild turkeys, baby deer and Pig for neighbors! Wow! They may think you're crazy but who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Glad you're feeling better. Although that Dayquil/Nyquil induced hysteria post was a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand the comment on the 'grip on bread'. I share the same vice. Fun photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. is this the entrance to Pig's house? Very safe location....smart Pig!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam I am sending you get better vibes. Late I know but real life has been getting in the way and I haven't been able to play on the puter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i hope you have a survivable form of the plague. i'd miss your batshit crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have become so uncivilized living out in the country where you can yell anything anytime and no one hears....it wouldn't do for us to have hearing distance neighbors anymore.

    Sorry about the camping and the awful summer cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry you're still not sleeping well. Just think, one of these nights, you are going to feel better, and you are going to crash and sleep beautifully for hours and hours and hours.

    I'm impressed that your turkey girls will bring their poults close enough to your house for you to see them. Cute, in a homely sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet turkey girls and PIG! I want a pig.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful animals, even if they do like your garden too much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. heehee ..."I feel that way about bread too"! You crack me up. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah yes, I do wonder what the neighbors think when they hear me shreaking, "Latte! Stop digging!" Or just screaming in general as chaos rules around me.

    ReplyDelete