Wednesday, August 24

No hike.

but we're starting the day with electricity! Woohoo!
No hike today because of the rain.  It's much needed (and I'm thinking Rain Thoughts for all you suffering in the heat and drought), our poor WV trees were dropping leaves.  Dry, crunchy leaves.
I'm shopping for a lightweight, packable rain jacket.  My Kelty jacket is ready to fall apart.  Suggestions welcome!

Dark, gloomy..but we need it!

I'm scared to mention this...but..we might toss the tent and dogs into the car for a quickie camp trip tomorrow. Just an overnighter.  State park campgrounds should be pretty quiet!
Dammit, I probably hexed myself.  Again.


Yesterday was gorgeous...even being a Crazy Day didn't affect that. :)
One of my vulture buddies..there are 5 that roost close to our property.  I love these guys.
 However, I don't appreciate the times they cruise over me..repeatedly...when I'm laying on the deck in my swimsuit.
Thanks, guys, for making me wonder if I look/smell like a bloated corpse.

Nothing like sitting on the couch and seeing blue skies, the woods and...carrion eaters.


The garden is still going like crazy...
The Parisian carrots are almost 2 inches tall and the second crop of green beans are nearly 5 inches.
Unless we have some freak cold spell, we have plenty of time for harvest.


Michael is taking me to lunch today...he works closing shift again tonight. BLAH.
I'm going to clean closets.  Pray for me.

17 comments:

  1. Good luck on those closets. If we don't hear back from you, we'll send in search parties! (MY closets are so bad...no disrespect intended..yours probably aren't as bad as mine)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little yellow fruit in husks - is that some sort of tomato?

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe you'll find pig in your closet - nestled into your shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear me, cleaning closets isn't any fun, until, that is, you suddenly find some long lost and forgotten treasure. I hope that you find lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you come up with any hints for closets, let me know!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is producing such beautiful veggies, Samantha.

    Good luck with the camping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on canceling out that hike hex. Looking forward to seeing what you see. Still laughing over your earthquake post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice produce you have coming in ! I have yet to harvest a tomato yet (we planted very late) have a great camp out don't forget the marshmallows. I guess I need to go back in and read the post from yesterday..the earthquake in VA My daughter in law and grand daughter felt it.Jilly just said..."What was that , mommy ?...can I have some chocolate milk? LOL

    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  9. man, what a haul! i have some friends who pulled up their carrots and they looked like those. that wasn't the plan though. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The weather guessers are saying some of that rain may move our way and I sure hope they're right. Our maple has been dropping leaves for the past few days. Meanwhile,on the other side of Virginia, Mom is hoping for some rain from that hurricane to help knock down the wildfire in the Dismal Swamp.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish we would get some rain.
    Glad you survived the Earthquake so the Vulture would have to look elsewhere for a meal.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got some rain! Lots of places need it badly. Vultures are very cool to watch! I doubt it was your carcass they were after...probably just some decaying varmint nearby. :-)

    I grew up in WV. Lots of good times!

    ReplyDelete
  13. don't leave those yummy looking veggies too close to the window...some brave little pig might spot them & make his way to the table top!
    happy camping...don't forget the tick spray! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How are the closets coming?:)
    Those veggies look pretty....and so good. I want to come fry them all up!!!!
    You're hilarious...I laughed out loud at your "swimsuit sun tanning on your deck" comments! I often wonder what those hovering birds are thinking too;))

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have the best harvest pics! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  16. We got some good rain yesterday and today too! Yesterday's storm was awesome! Lots of thunder and lightening along with a good heavy soaking rain. Loved it! Today was rain. That's boring but at least we got rain which is well needed. Sorry you didn't get to go on your hike. Hope you got to go camping tonight.

    ReplyDelete