Tuesday, August 9

Hummers hate me

I see all these amazing photos of hummingbirds hovering by feeders or flowers...I have envy!
Apparently, my hummers know this and will NOT hover.  They either sit like lumps or zip by at 900 mph.
They prefer to sit like lumps on the least attractive thing around..like power lines.

"Oooo aren't we exciting..sitting like blobs. HA HA!"

"Great shot, lady.  Blurry blob in tree.  Your readers will swoon."

"Stunning power line shot!"
I know they mock me.

The dogs went crazy barking at 3:45 am.  At thunder.
Thank God they were here to protect us from... air.
We got some much needed rain and today is simply gorgeous.  Well, after the driving, pounding rainstorm while I was running through a parking lot.  I was with one of my aunties and we were cracking up..especially after the rain stopped when we got to the car.
See, it isn't a *me* thing...it's inherited!



My watermelons are growing! Miracle!  I'm all proud because I haven't yet murdered my melons.
We won't talk about the cantaloupe and watermelons of last year.

Still searching for an air mattress..I am seriously tired of reading air mattress reviews!

10 comments:

  1. Those sneaky hummers!

    We cut open a successful watermelon this weekend! And a second that we fed to the horses. I was so stoked they turned out, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a real watermelon right now! You know, the ones with seeds that actually have a taste!

    I can see the hummer laughing at you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm that watermelon looks so good! At least you can shoot your hummers. With my little point and shoot, I'm lucky if I get a blob at all! I like your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think of it the other way - you're one of the few who has managed to catch shots of stationary humming birds. (By the way, when I read your title, I thought of the gas-guzzling variety of Hummers and thought 'well, I hate them'. You can tell I live in Red Neck Central.)

    I bow to your very impressive is somewhat hard-earned watermelon growing skills. I can't believe how fast that's growing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I've never seen them just sitting like that! I'd say that's pretty cool:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoverless hummers?! what's up with that?! you grow 'em lazy in your parts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hummers do the same thing! But, they do sit and rest close to the kitchen window, so I can see them hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, pigs like you. That is a consoling thought, isn't it? =D Okay, well, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My melons got some kind of fungus. (Wait, that doesn't sound right...) Anyway, my melons have stopped growing. Haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete