Wednesday, August 17

Hideout

We didn't go to the park.
We hid out.  At home.
I still felt a little blah from the plague (ok, fine, the flu) and wasn't sure about hiking steep trails.  Plus, it was a PERFECT hot, sunny day..the pool was calling us.
Friends and family thought we were gone for the day..no calls, no visits..it rocked!

We went swimming, read on the deck in the sunshine, played with the dogs (got ignored by the cats) and goofed around with the pellet gun and targets. 
Goofed around in a safe and adult manner, mind you.
Michael secretly hates the fact I'm a better shot than him..teehee!
To be fair and honest, he kicks my ass with handguns.  I'm a better rifle shot.
We had to stop for the evening because the turkeys were coming toward the field...have to be careful of the wildlife.

We're going to a Pirate's game tonight with some friends...
I'm not a huge baseball fan, but going to the ballpark is always a good time.
Aside from those $7 beers.
Oh, hockey season, where are you?

I had a note on the fridge for my mom yesterday.  She asked..twice..if Pig needed food.


If you aren't a fan of Anne Taintor..I really don't know what to say....


VERY unhappily eating eggplant.

She nearly toppled over in Carb Ecstasy.  I can relate. 



She's standing on the healthy food!?
If you look closely (or click on the pics to get full size), you'll see reddish dots on her face.  She stole pizza crusts from the crows!
At least it was my whole grain pizza crust, my pizza sauce and veg pizza toppings.
 I just don't think groundhogs should be eating cheese..an animal product.
That's a little bit ..wrong.
Right??

17 comments:

  1. So cute! Have fun at the game tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She seems to enjoy the attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've received several anne taintor items as gifts. lord only knows why. ;o)

    pig's little clutchy paws are too adorable.

    enjoy your game! and beer. savor it even...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be very unhappy eating eggplant too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good day yesterday, have fun at the game:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know - mice love cheese - it's their thing right? So why not Pig? Are you withholding cheese from the poor little starving groundhog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! A relaxing day for you two! I'll bet you thoroughly enjoyed it!

    Pig is too cute! (I love carbs too!)

    Have fun at the game and take lots of money for hot dogs & beer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like Pig eats better than I do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with that pig. She's my kinda .....pig.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Give that Pig all the carbs she wants! We gals have to stick together, you know. Enjoy the game, maybe the beer more!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wait, wait, wait. Cheese is a dairy product. Silly people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe Pig needs her own blog. I think she is getting quite famous. She is just too adorable. Love those "hands".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Add me as another Pig fan. I never thought I would say this but, that woodchuck is downright cute.

    As for what animals will and won't eat, I found Gina chomping on one of my lovely plums the other day. She's a cat and they're supposed to be obligate carnivores, so go figure. I now have an upside down strainer over my bowl of plums.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I don't know...we are animals that eat animal products and enjoy it, right? Oh wait. I am making assumptions...maybe you are vegetarian? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Pig! i can't believe she ate raw eggplant, though, yuck... biscuits are so much yummier.

    ReplyDelete