Wednesday, July 20

Roasted. Baked. Poached.

Estimated 115 degrees on Friday.
We were going to go camping.
If I'm expected to sleep in a tent in those temps...you better have a generator and portable AC.  Things could get ugly (things like my temper).  We're also not dragging our camping buddies out in that heat.

Our weather station had a new warning for us about excessive heat, reminding us to add at least 15 degrees to the apparent temperature if you're in full sun.
Good thing to remember!  You might be sitting poolside, but add that extra 15 degrees!

Picking green beans should not cause excessive sweating (and swearing)!

The dogs and I will be spending lots of time indoors in the air conditioning (one room has AC in this old house).  We'll be cooking everything on the grill, too.
Michael goes on vacation again tomorrow for a week.  This time, we won't be working outdoors as much. I see lots of swims and movies in our future.




My butcher's block this morning...loved the light!
A few daylilies, a gladiola and some herbs tucked into a coffee cup until I get find my tiny vases.
 The unsuspecting herbs are going into my dinner.  Poor fellas.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers. I also like the light on the butcher block. Stay cool and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you're very smart to cancel the camping. yikes! that would be TOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL i'll be there by dinner time.

    Or before... you might find me by the pool. This heat STINKS!!!!!

    LOVE the butcher block!

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty picture of your posies in the morning light. And yum to the herbs. Sounds like you have the perfect plan for staying cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's just too much heat. Take things slow, and enjoy being inside in the air conditioning. I hope this stuff breaks soon.

    Your arrangement turned out lovely. Something to enjoy as you pass the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I woke up this morning and could not see outside! All of the windows were steamed up! I looked at my weather station and it said the humidity outside was 97%! Yikes! It is miserable outside! I think all of this humidity has made me sick. My sinuses are draining terrible and I had to get an antibiotic because it settled into my chest.

    Thank God our house is air conditioned! Our electric bill will be high but I don't care! lol

    Stay cool!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...thjat's why we bought a slide in camper for the back of the truck about 6 yrs ago...we love camping...but we're getting too old for the tent thing...ha!
    all i have to do is step outside in this heat...and i'm already sweating before i'm DOING anything at all!
    i think postponing the camping til there's a break in the heat wave...is a good idea! it's tough to sleep when you can't stop sweating!
    LOVE your butcher block & flowers! what a nice way to start the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just too hot. I mean I live in what Hollywood calls the armpit of California and even we don't gets temps that hot very often.
    I do hope you have a nice time camping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hola, dejo mensaje aqui, bonita ave azul , me agradan tus tomas muestras tu entorno. saludos desde la distancia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are crispy here. Excessive heat warning until Saturday night. Was supposed to take the kids to the water park Friday...don't think that is going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are having a brief respite this morning -- a little rain and only 88 today. Back up to 96 tomorrow. But that's okay -- I'm with you. I'll be in the a/c.

    Is that a grease jar I see on your counter? Good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. all I can think is I wish I had a pool...I wish I had a pool....I wish I had a pool...

    ReplyDelete