Sunday, July 31

Phooey.

This has not been my day.

I woke up with a lump on my chin.  Not itchy, red, sore..just a bump.  Michael swears "one of your creepy spider pets tried to eat your face".  I scoffed, but I do think it's an insect bite.  Or I'm growing another head on my chin.
I decided not to take photos of that.

My worst fear was realized this morning.
Well, aside from the fear of growing a second head or the fear of bears eating me like a burrito while i'm camping or the fear of people putting sweaty feet on me..
I stepped, barefoot, on a tomato hornworm.  My foot was defiled!
I couldn't even scream..I let forth a torrent of profanity that was practically poetry.
Even the blue jays were impressed and stopped chattering.
No photos here, either.

While I was mowing and Michael was raking, I stepped in a hole and wrenched my knee.
My knee sucks..I'm supposed to go in this fall and have things "cleaned out" (GAH!), so of course it's all crazy swollen.
Michael was lovingly placing an ice pack on my knee and said "Uh..it kind of looks like a butt from this angle"...
Dear GOD, it DOES.
I have butt-knee!
Most certainly no photos of that.

I am taking my second head and defiled foot and butt-knee and heading for the couch.
I think I have emotional damage or something...I'm in a really good mood.

14 comments:

  1. That is a bad day!

    I once had a lump on my chin. It got huge. I was in the middle.of.nowhere eastern shore of Maryland. Then I got a lump on a lymph node too, as a result of the bump on my chin. So I went to one of those urgent care places. Well. Doctor told me I had herpes. I said, no, I don't have herpes. Definitely not herpes. It's like a big huge infected zit. Nope, he said, herpes. So I got all bent out of shape, went home, and went to my regular doctor. He said, "big infected zit, here are abx, and we'll test you for herpes if you really want". Just to prove the other doctor wrong, I got the blood test - no herpes. Whew, what a quack!

    Now see, I made you feel better right? It could've been worse ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find that throwing something, preferably something you don't want any more, and outside, always helps. Swearing's good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Samantha, you poor thing! The Pres was bitten by one of those tomato critters last year and he was moaning, so I can well imagine the pain. But on a light note, at least he though your foot was a nice, juicy tomato??? The knee...feeling bad for you on that one as they seem to take forever to heel. The lump? Don't look at it...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you deserve some time on the couch with your furry ones and a great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well now, that does sound like a sucky day! And... thanks for no photos-feel better:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lawd...what a bad day. Take to the couch, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your heart.

    We call those big huge bumps, Hor Bumps. Spelled with an "H" for hormone.

    I recommend a glass of wine and a good nights sleep.

    I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeewww, the worm guts on bare feet is going to give me nightmares now...

    ReplyDelete
  9. And why weren't we wearing boots, Samantha? For shame. !!

    Hope your knee gets better. That's gotta hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, Deb..thank you both!
    I got to inform Michael my second head was actually a "chin herpes Hor Bump". :D

    Weirdly...thankfully..my second head is gone this morning.

    Nancy..shoes!? It isn't snowing yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are days like that; they will pass.

    I stepped on one of those horrible tomato worms yesterday, on purpose and I had my shoes on!

    I was weaned of going barefoot in the yard when a few years back I stepped directly on a green snake on the way to the mail box and felt it turn and wiggle under my foot. I don't think my feet even touched the ground on the way back to the house.

    No more bare feet!

    You have a good excuse to take it easy for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little make-up on it and most wont even notice, or wear long pants and call it a day. Richard

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well it's good to see I'm in good company! I've been tearing myself up...like ripping off toe nails, burning fingers and getting mauled by crabs. You should have called, I would've laid on the couch and sulked with ya ;)

    ReplyDelete