Saturday, July 30

It's quiet.

Michael went back to work today..won't get in until midnight.
I'm trying to get back in my own groove.  I cleaned and worked my rear off in the garden.
I'm going to mow the yard and field today.  It's horrific.
No, really.
I'll get photos before I tackle this.
It's terrifying.  I should be baling this stuff.
I can't see Pig coming through the field...it's Jurassic Park all over again.

"Don't run into the long grass!"


Anyway.

God bless Sparkpeople.com for allowing you to add gardening to your fitness stuff.
And mowing.
Check me out..between gardening, cleaning and mowing I don't have to do anything...oh wait..core work.
Ugh.

Garden triumphs!
The caterpillars that savaged the Brussels sprouts?  They didn't win!  LOOK!
Microscopic baby brussels!


The cauliflower that was gnawed to shreds?

Teeny tiny cauliflower!

Ok, so nothing dramatic happened to the ground cherries, but I've never grown them before.
Look!  They're like presents!  Unwrap and BAM! A tiny little fruity gift!
Holy crap, I DO have giant red bearpaw manhands!


Blue Table shot of the day
 One of the tomato plants was so covered in blight, I gave up and picked the few green toms left and threw the plant away in a trash bag.  Definitely isn't going into the compost pile!


Today's full haul..look look! PEACHES!
I'm all glowing with pride over my fruit and veg growing prowess, and then I remember I also have to DO something with this stuff.
Bah!
I need a live-in gardener..or chef...or better yet, someone to hang around until I get bored with a project and then they take over.
That's reasonable, right??






Enjoy your Saturday!

20 comments:

  1. Before I read the caption under the picture of the brussel sprouts I thought they were bugs! We've never grown those before so I have no idea what they would look like.

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum... It looks like you had a great days haul. I like the blue table shot the best.

    Thanks for checking my blog out Samantha, I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'm sure Pig would help you clean up some of the zukes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be a very good feeling to harvest fresh stuff from your own grown plants and consume them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks great, hope you have fun plans for the peaches:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these intimate shots-



    Aloha from Waikiki;


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    > < } } ( ° >

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm envious of you guys with all the garden produce - since the strawberries are done, I don't have anything edible left in my garden... and suspect it'll be another month or so before I do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great dragonfly picture. I like them because they eat the bad bugs, like mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your blue table and the items on it. Cool home grown veggies and peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sam you cracks me up. How can I not love those teeny sweet baby brussels. Go babies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lot of produce. I'm like you, except I don't grow the stuff because then I have to cook it. I love coming to your blog. You always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is producing some wonderful looking presents. And you gotta love sparkpeople.com! I love bing able to create nutrition labels for my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum on those fresh peaches and wow on a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love brussel sprouts! And, that is a cute photo of them in their baby state.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummmmm....i LOVE brussels!! and those fresh peaches!! mmmm...you can't get a store bought peach that actually has flavor!!
    everything looks so good!! i had NO luck at all this year with my garden! good for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so jealous of your peaches!

    I know, my SUPER exciting Saturday night involved vacuuming and mopping, LOL. Glad that counts as burning calories because Paul is out of town so I haven't been able to run.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I want a blue table!

    Nice haul from the garden.

    I share you feelings about having to do something with them. I have tomatoes to can today.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our peaches have some kind of worm/bug/insect this year and every single one is brown and mushy. Argh.

    I stayed home last night. I know, what a shock.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photo comments CRACK ME UP! Bearpaw manhands! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You go girl! I hope you kick all the garden demons. We ended up pulling out our squash and zuchinni's. Stupid blooms! I wonder if I could have superglued them on? hahah

    ReplyDelete