Friday, July 15

Hey, let's traumatize Sam!

Last night, I crashed on the couch for a horror-fest.
I made a comment to Michael about sitting with my back to an open window...how even a moth flying in would scare the pants off me...haw haw...

You see where this is going?

Michael left the room to get his work stuff ready for the morning and I settle in for the climax of the movie.
A few moments pass...tempo of the movie increases...
Holy crow, this movie IS kind of freaky...
(Insidious, for those inclined. Don't give me that scary movie snob garbage, either.  Zip it and enjoy whatever jumps you can.  Yes, yes, we know.  Modern horror is all crap ;))

The four dogs erupt into "Intruder!" barking and I whip toward the open window to see a hand reaching in.  Which grabs my arm.

I'm happy to report I did not pee my pants, scream or rip off my husband's arm.
I did start plotting revenge.  It will be epic.

Now, before anyone questions Michael's moral character for trying to make his wife pee her pants..he knows I like to get scared (note all the horror references in my blog).
He was smart enough to make sure Irie was crated.  She's an Akita. Scaring a 96 pound guard breed is unwise. He immediately let me know it was him.
You know..before I could make like a rabid badger and chew off his arm.

This was an enormous Win for Michael.  I'm hard to scare because I'm usually waiting for it.
And, since I have like zero Flight reaction, it's usually unsafe to scare me!
He took a risk and it paid big time.  For now.  Until my Revenge.
--
SO then...I go into shower.
I'm rinsing my hair- eyes closed -and I notice darkness pass over my face.
I think "That jerk is trying to scare me again.".
Annnd then something starts repeatedly flapping ON MY FACE.
I screamed.
Which, in a glass enclosed shower, sounded like a siren.
And I'm smacking off the shower door like a giant moth on a street light (I cannot imagine what that looked like from the outside).
That's what was flapping on my face, of course, a giant Evil Demon Moth.

Proof:
"I have red demon eyes.. to burn out your soul!"


On that note, have some happy flower photos.

Michael's choice, burning retina colors.

More retina burning.

Odd shot, huh?

Please, Hibiscus, hurry and bloom!

Now I'm off to the fruit market, where undoubtedly zombie clowns wait to leap out of the peaches.

9 comments:

  1. you're such a nut. glad you (and the dogs) didn't chew off his sneaky arm... but he'd have deserved it, big time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear! That was funny, and scary at the same time. I cannot wait to hear what your revenge was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!!! oh how i can relate to THAT!! ever since i was a little kid...i've LOVED to be scared!! nothing like a good horror movie to make me sit there peeking through my fingers...but i love it! (to this day, if i'm home alone...in the shower...i keep stealing a look out the curtain) in fact i had been thinking of doing a post one day about me, horror flicks, being scared & loving it! ha!
    great story...LOVE the flowers...the monster moth... BEWARE michael...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got to get him back good girl! lol

    Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Have you ever seen The Mothman Prophecies? Good flick! Creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so funny. I would be afraid to have a husband that would do that but you sound like maybe he is perfect for your personality, and "fun". You crack me up every time I read your blog. Lovely floral shots too...what more could I what in a great blog read! I read you every day that you write something!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks so much for these tender laughs and beautiful shots!

    Hint: treasure these times together.


    Enjoy!


    Aloha from Waikiki;


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    > < } } ( ° >

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to laugh, when we were first married, Husband tried this trick, but he snuck up behind me, in the same room. I was, unfortunately for him, just at the height to strike out at what grabbed at me, and punch him. In the groin. Hard.

    He didn't seem to want to spook me like that anymore, for some reason...

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that was funny. Love the moth. I had the same thought as Lisa about the Mothman thing.

    ReplyDelete