Thursday, June 16

YAY, it's not a day off!

Our *day off* yesterday:
Worked online from 5 to 10 am
Started cutting and hauling brush with Michael
Dug up 5 tree stumps
Chopped out/dug up a bunch of honeysuckle bushes
Dumped even more mulch (I fear Michael has a mulch problem and will end in in rehab)
Transplanted 4 hostas.  WHY do we live here..there is no DIRT in the soil. It's all shale.
Weeded and watered the garden and flower beds
Let the dogs swim for a bit, which requires management because they act like cranky toddlers
Measured lattice while the dogs swam
Realized we were out of weed blocking fabric (that effing pool area is NEVER getting finished), so hopped in the car and ran out for that
Yelled at Michael for not informing me my butt was covered in dirty handprints In Public
Apologized and accepted responsibility for my own butt
Michael found more neon flowers and felt he was "owed an apology" in flowers
Got home and unloaded the car..ate our first meal at 5:30pm
Planted the Butt Apology flowers
Repeatedly chased Pig away from us as we were putting down weed paper
Raked and hauled more debris from the tree we cut down (9 garden cart loads)
Carried and stacked logs
Transplanted a bunch of marsh mallow.  Taproots were somewhere in bowels of earth.
Tried to have a small fire but we were just too tired to care after 15 minutes or so
Made a nutritious dinner of soft pretzels and beer



His days off will be the death of us.
I didn't even pick up a camera.

While we were gone, Henry decided to somehow stuff himself under the baby gate we use on the spare bedroom and eat a ton of cat food.  We still can't figure out how he got under it.
He's fine...just unhappy he didn't get dinner.  And very little breakfast.

We had a really good day together and got a lot knocked off The List.
Still...I'm glad Michael had to work today.
Next Wednesday he has a weeks vacation.
God help me.

14 comments:

  1. You sound like me in having a ton of "things to do", yet feeling complete and darn tired afterwards. This is quite a long list my dear. How did "his" weeks vacation go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this was FUN-NY!

    I can totally relate to the whole "taking responsibility" thing. Once I went to Kroger with a blueberry mass on my face. I got many strange looks. You know...blueberries look BLACK. Black only looks good on your face if you were born that way. Otherwise something is serious WRONG, unless it is just blueberries, but who would know THAT? Not ONE of my children pointed it out to me. I've spent many YEARS grooming THEM. What good are they????

    Hope you get some rest today! Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a hoot! Wow You are working way too hard! Your making me feel like a slump. The hand prints on the butt thing made he laugh out loud
    Please pick up the camera soon and rest up for the week long vacation ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, well, it's been nice knowing you... post a lot in the next couple of days before you perish at the hands of your vacationing hubby!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You transplanted hostages?!!! Good grief!!! ;-D

    I'm cracking up...

    And slightly concerned about you for next week. LOLOLOL

    robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with TexWisGirl...nice knowing ya! Just reading the one days worth wore me out. Shooo...I need to go take a nap now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha!! your honor, exhibit A clearly shows from the direction of the thumbs, that the hand sprints were applied by the victim herself, and therefore this case must be thrown out of court...

    ReplyDelete
  8. On one hand, I want to come live with you. On the other, I don't want to have to work so hard all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, you really needed to show us the butt apology flowers at the very least and of course most of your busy busy day too. Lord help you come vacation week! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just wondering whose hand prints it was that was on your butt! Then I'll say who the apology flowers should belong too! lol

    You did more work in 1 day than we do in 1 month around here! Whew! I'm exhausted just from reading what all you did! I hope you get some rest before your vacation next week!

    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know fully well there's never a day off for us weary wives. :)

    Love the post, dear. Even without photos. Your descriptions were better than any picture. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're my hero!
    you work so hard all the time.
    i wish i could do that. truly.

    loved reading your post.:)

    have a wonderful day!
    betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure you didn't think your day was very funny, but I sure got a good laugh out of it (sorry!)!

    Good luck next week... looks and sounds like you're gonna need it!

    ReplyDelete