Saturday, June 18

Glory be!

Michael's mulch moat is done.  Right now it looks like what I hate...48 miles of mulch with a few plants stuck in.  We'll add plants/grasses as we go, but for now it's done.  The ugly, weedy, shale covered bank is gone!
I'll get photos today..we didn't finish until after dark yesterday.
He wants a couple of these to plant.  I'm not sure how I feel about their alien blue spikes, but I'm trying to keep him involved in the Outside Stuff.

The lattice is finished around the deck.  I had all but one sheet done when Michael got home, so it was a nice surprise for him.


Strider showing WHY I wanted lattice.  Dang dogs.
See the lovely weed blocking fabric in the above pic?  Now covered, thank goodness.

Voo was completely baffled by the lattice. Heh.

OH MY GOD. I am TRAPPED.
Voodoo stands on his hind legs all the time, without using his front feet for balance.  He looks like a velociraptor, so we call this Velocivoodling.

Note the torch fuel on the deck...because leaving flammable liquids on a wood deck is always a good idea!
Three flipflops.  The other one was being used as a high tech level for the lattice.
Don't judge.
FYI..when you cut resin lattice, the little "sawdust" bits are really freaking HOT for just a sec.  I advise not wearing a tank and shorts..or going barefoot.

Man, I am a study in what NOT to do.  Consider me a public service announcement.

Before-ish

The kind-of After. 
By the way..the yellow hose above?  Hate. That. Sucker.
It kinks constantly.


So the bark mulch leftover on the right of gate will be removed and I'll be seeding grass.  I'll just have to deal with the pale stone to dark rubber mulch.  I tried the darkest stone I could find, which was red lava rock, and HATED it.


Lattice up, garden is weed papered and mulched, and the area behind the deck is covered and mulched.  Could it be?  Could we be done!?!?

Nope. But, I won't even think about the rest of the list right now.


See? I'm waving to you all.
Voodoo could have stepped right through the rails and went to greet Michael, but the lattice fried his bird dog brain and he felt he was completely enclosed.
By the end of the night, we were ALL fried, so I can't really laugh at Voo!

19 comments:

  1. NICE work!
    Since you're an expert and all now...can you come do mine?:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. blood, sweat , and tears baby! You two are good! now time for a rest and a dip in the pool, I bet. Your pups are so handsome and cute. I love the gate and i love the rock by the gate. I'm a rock-lover, I think always have been If you have time take a look back at my May25th post about art I am working on and let me know what you think I think Jamie(my friend) is a lot like you in her attitude on everyday fun life! you both live with gusto and witty, creative flair
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lattice looks great and no painting/staining needed! and i like the light-colored stone. it's a nice offset to the woods...

    waving hi back!!!

    and hi Voo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I envy you your wonderful swim spot. It looks so inviting...and the lattice and the gate are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! Now it's time to sit your heiny down in one of those comfy lounge chairs I saw on the deck and enjoy the results of your hard work!

    The dogs are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job! I'm really impressed with everything you've done - the place looks great!

    (I kind of like the blue spiky flowers, but we've already established that Michael and I share our great taste in flowers.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...i think i need a nap now after seeing ALL that work!

    (it looks awesome...and i love your upright doggie! cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lattice on your deck. Makes it look more finished, if that makes any sense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful! Now, take the evening off and enjoy what you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Un placer haberme pasado de nuevo por tu espacio.

    Saludos y un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a beautiful job with the deck! I am very impressed! We have a couple and my only problem is making myself stop working long enough to enjoy them.
    Thanks for your visits!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked seeing the process--a self-made narrative!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll tell ya...that Voodoo looks like a dog that will STILL find a way around the lattice work if need be :)

    Nice to have a bit more security, though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It would not shock me..at all..to find Voodoo with my power drill, removing lattice.
    Also, he vaulted over a 6 foot fence several times.

    I like to pretend I have some control here.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks GREAT!!!! Now I want to come up there immediately for a visit, dangit!

    I'm always surprised by how big the deck really is. . .I keep thinking it's much smaller. I think the latice looks fantastic there. :) Despite what the dogs think, I'm sure. ;)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this looks great well worth all that darn work. B

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gee...looking good! The deck not the furbabies. OK.... the furbabies look good as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those lounge chairs appear to be taunting you. I'm trying to figure out if that's a hand shadow in the last photo or the shadow from one of the alien blue flowers.

    ReplyDelete