Thursday, June 9

15 inches!

I did it...15 inches of hair gone.
It just touches my collarbone now.
I don't regret it at ALL.  Even if I did, my hair grows annoyingly fast...like a trim every 3 weeks if I have any kind cut that needs maintained.
I'm going back next week to get some lighter colors blended through..that way I don't have chocolate brown ends and light honey brown roots.  I can step away from the haircolor after that..woohoo!
I know, my hair is the most fascinating blog topic. Woo.

Michael went with me so we could have lunch together..grabbed a takeout lunch and ate at the overlook on the Ohio river.
SO HOT yesterday.  HUMID.
Sitting in the shade with the breeze coming off the water and the car still registered 95 degrees.



It was so hazy the auto focus was giving me grief...and so hot I didn't feel like fooling with manual.  Who is Dr Pugh?  A lifelong resident of my town & well respected citizen.  He died in 2001.  That's all I got.  I should research him a bit more.

And for all you traitors bloggers that think the baby groundhog is cute..

Don't be fooled.  This is an indiscriminate eating machine.
Irie says SHE is an indiscriminate eating machine...and she would like to start with ghogs.  I have Concerns about the bravery/stupidity of the groundhogs.  They are quite brazen when the dogs are out.  Tough critters or not, they don't stand a chance with big dogs like Irie.  Akitas were used for bear hunting.  Groundhogs should do their research before putting life and limb on the line.  




Our other big dog, Strider, ignores them completely.  So much for Rotti/Pit bull mixes being viscous killers.  ;)



And to keep things completely crazy random like I do..some photos from WayBack...

Last summer

And because Strider and Henry get less blog time...since they require less exercise and work...



Mud.  Mud mud mud.




Because Henry is such a pompous ass...I like posting humiliating photos of him :D



Tell me that nose isn't adorable..and those yearning eyes...

The dog LIKES warm clothing.  I don't know where we went wrong.

One of my very favorite front porch sunsets.

15 comments:

  1. No pictures of your new hair? That hardly seems fair. I have to confess the Ghogs are kinda cute, but the dogs are cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally love all your pics, especially the ones with the dogs. That one with the sunflower and the bee, though - that is fantastic!

    Congrats on the hair chopping success. I'm also impressed with your timing. Usually, for reasons I've never been able to figure out, I chop off my hair right before the dead of winter, and grow it out (hot, heavy, really thick) during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post and pictures of dogs are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, the ground hogs were too busy googling Dr. Pugh to look up whether Akitas were used to hunt anything... i'm just saying...

    i agree. if you're gonna talk about the hair, you need to show us before and after photos... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well he doesn't look like a "pompous ass." He looks really cute. You have really awesome dogs. Well, never having a ground hog, they are cute but we have gophers and they have destroyed my trees so I know it can be war.
    Thanks for your comment, I thought they might pick it up for a commercial. When I was a kid and they first came out I was always mesmerized by the commercials.
    I hope it cools off soon for you and your front porch sunset is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL on the blissfully placid dog w/ the groundhog.

    I got some organic dried blood to put around my garden to keep out the rabbit. Maybe it works on groundhogs too?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, we want to see photos of the hair -- fyi. :)

    Your doggies are all adorable! Love the valentine shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. strider: "how does this ball thrower thingy work?" lol!

    your bee and porch shots are uber-gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 15 inches... good for you!

    I am one of the traitors, er, I mean bloggers that think the ghogs are cute! (sorry!)

    I love all your photos! The dogs are cute and hilarious and the others are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think groundhogs, and all other wild animals are cute, but only when they stay in their own environment. Dogs are my favorite animals of all though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what FUN!


    Aloha from Waikiki :)

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow your hair must had been very long to cut that much off and still have some! You will feel much cooler over it I'm sure!

    All the pictures of your pups are so darn cute! I got a good laugh at a few!

    Wish I could see some incredible sunsets like that from my front porch!

    Have a Great Week!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, oh... I'm one of those cute sayers. Oh well. Funny about the hair. I was going to get mine cut short but I was told my shoulders are too broad and my neck's too ropey to pull off short hair. Gotta love the girl's honesty!

    ReplyDelete