Saturday, May 28

War.

It's bad enough my poor little porch lettuce got beat up by storms...but now there's a enormous groundhog butt on it- ew? (forget the fact she's eating all my porch lettuce..my easily accessible for lunch lettuce)
  This is war, GHog.
You, the deer and the rabbits accepted the bribe *money*, and with that agreed to keep your hairy rears away from the flower beds.  Not only did you break the treaty..you got on my porch! Climbed 5 stairs!
That is clearly flaunting your disregard for the treaty.
You should remember I have a book on cooking ALL game.  Groundhog included.


There are FOUR dogs in the house praying for thumbs to open the door and eat her.  Not smart.


  I built another table yesterday from the bed slats.  A little table to fit between the lounge chairs on the pool deck.  Sadly, it's just dark green and not brilliant blue like the last table.  It's every bit as..um..rustic.

  I had big plans to mow, but then this rolled in...


YAY.  More storms. :|

The dogs and I were out for a walk and decided to haul it back to the house.
But, we stopped to admire the first peony bloom.  A little battered from the storm the night before, but still...



But after the storm rolled through it was a gorgeous evening.  Michael and I spent the evening outside, making plans and lists, enjoying the breeze and the scent of wisteria.




And slapping at the world's largest mosquito swarm.
I'm filling a kid's pool with DEET next time.  This is ridiculous.


We have to travel "to town" today.. blech.  An hour and a half spent just driving.
I'm such a hermit.

14 comments:

  1. i'm so there with you! i have to go to the grocery store and feed store today and you'd think i was being dragged to the dentist or something... :)

    that groundhog is too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am leaving for "town" myself today! I hate leaving my farm in the sticks anymore. Can't believe that groundhog...actually living where I do....I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't hate me because I laughed hysterically about the pig in your garden box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already decided that I'll hold off on my errands and go Tuesday!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. That ground hog is a heifer! I can't believe it came on your porch like that. I still don't know whats sleeping in my lettuce bed outside my garage. I do know it's not a ground hog though!

    Wow! I thought I lived out having to drive at least a half hour to anywhere! I can't imagine driving an hour and a half. I'd never be able to get things done with the kids in school if I had to do that drive just to go to the store.

    Our weather man is saying it's going to be in the 90's all week with no rain. Wednesday might get 97! We go from one extreme to another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband decided to go to town this morning -- battery's dead in the big mower. I'm staying put -- loving just doing a bit of what I please today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, he has totally embraced the "hog" side of himself! sitting right on top of the remains! funny that you grabbed your camera instead of a broom or something!

    that last shot is beauuuutiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We made it back alive..but unhappy. ;)

    Angela, thank god thats an hour and a half round trip!!!

    I went for the camera, THEN a broom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that IS a big boy. Hope you can get rid of his intrusions onto your porch. I spent the day with my son Drew, walking the river walk and lunching outside then shaved ice in the park and people watching. Our little town of Loveland gets very busy on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man...I love me some whistle pigs!

    Mostly becuase they do stuff like that, and I can't help but snicker (I've been on the recieving end too, and share your pain).

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just had to laugh at your groundhog woes. Here's a link to a local guy here that made national headlines with his groundhog woes.

    http://fenceviewer.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=41897:Groundhog%2520Connoisseur%2520Draws%2520National%2520Attention&catid=967:feature&Itemid=78

    ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pic of the ground hog - What a rare capture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha! that sure looks like a MEATY ground hog!
    love the peony! AND the stormy weather.
    i hate shopping. AND mosquito swarms!
    GREAT pic's!

    ReplyDelete