Friday, May 20

Wait..what!?

I make the fatal mistake of having multiple blogs open, and then bumble the comments I'm leaving.
I loathe that momentary cringe after I click to leave the comment.."Wait..what did I just say!? Oh dear Lord, wrong blog!".
 I spend a few seconds cursing the "waiting for blog owner approval".  No way to delete!
 I've only done this a few times, but oh, the horror.  It's like blurting something completely idiotic, but worse..it's there..on the internet..for everyone else who reads that blog.
Do I STOP doing this?  Of course not..God forbid I have to wait an entire 4 seconds for another blog to load!
So yeah, I'm actually reading your blogs (not just making up random comments) and no I'm not insane.  I'm impatient.  And a blog glutton.
.....
Now that I've attempted to explain myself again..I have to apologize.  Photo heavy post ahead!

Michael, Ultimate Husband, suggested we go for ice cream yesterday evening.
I'm guessing this was because when he got home from work, I was staggering across the yard with two, 8ft 4x4 posts, I was covered in dirt (and rage) and was bleeding from a knee and an elbow.

It was Irie and Voodoo's turn to go somewhere...

"ICE CREAM! I LOVE IT! What is it again?"

"Where did he go..wait..is that..could it be..ICE CREAM!"


Baby cone size in a container. The local ice cream spot knows us  too well.


The hard part is keeping Voo's ears out of the dish..he needs a snood.
My public service announcement of the day:
Use dog seat belts or crates in the car..safer for everyone!  The photos above don't show their seat belts, but we use them.  They don't photograph well, and I don't need the ASPCA contacting me about the freak torture harnesses my dogs wear. ;)
Don't wait until the night before a big event to find out if your dog can handle rich treats like ice cream.  Trust me.  Our gang is fine with an occasional small ice cream goodie, but my mom's dog is not.  Sorry, Mom.

Quick drive through the state game lands:

Traffic was heavy.



Turkey girl

Tree swallows have taken over the nest boxes.
I took the other two dogs out while I did a few chores, and then we walked our woods.
My favorite reading spot.

Strider lounges, while Henry keeps an eye on things.

"Fine..no ice cream? I'll make sure I throw this up later.  Inside."

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip to the outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. LOVE those pups getting rides and treats. what a great life yours have too!

    and i wish we could abolish word verifications to keep us 'speed' commenters racing ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa, that's what trips me up! Aside from my blog gluttony, that is :D
    Other folks must be WAY more interesting, because I think I've gotten one spam comment. Ever.
    *sniffle* I am not spam worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to get spammed fairly regularly, and I'm not very interesting.

    I love your reading chair, but I'd want one inside. Me and the bugs don't get along very well, so I can't sit still when they're around.

    Also - Tallulah's seatbelt is hot pink "camouflage". It doesn't get worst than that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snood. Haha!

    And no, my dogs don't wear seat belts. Report me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tallulah can rock the pink camo!


    Nancy, not all dogs need seatbelts, but if you rode with my heathens you would understand.
    Plus, I don't relish the idea of a 96 lb hairy projectile if we brake suddenly! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Years ago I used to go to the local Baskin Robbins and they would pick out all the scoops that they had dropped between the buckets and give them to me for my dogs. They were frozen solid as rocks and freezer burnt but my dogs loved to take them out on the yard and chew and lick their little hearts out. They won't give them to you anymore. Someone probably sued them for serving unfit ice dream to dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahah...I have to laugh at your comments episode. I've had my share of blunders...and I can do nothing but sit here and cringe.
    Like your reading spot.
    It's beautiful...so are you busy roads;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place to walk with your dogs. My dogs have free roam of the back end of my Mini Cooper. But I am getting seat belts for a road trip in my truck where I have actually seats to hook to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! I thought I was the only on to goof on comments. hahah. Glad I am in good company pal!

    ReplyDelete