Saturday, May 21

Surprises!

I found two surprise plants while walking around our woods.....

Wild bleeding heart


Bleeding heart found under a fallen hawthorn
These were much better finds than the poison ivy I realized I was kneeling in to get the closeups.
I thought I had washed well enough, but..surprise!  

I didn't.
*scratch*scratch*
Forget that Ivy wash stuff. I'm going back to Gram's method.  Scrub down with Dawn dish soap or Fels-Naptha.  I NEVER got poison ivy as a kid..I got scrubbed down when I came inside and my clothes were washed in shaved Fels-Naptha.

  Michael popped up with a great idea for landscaping around the pool, which was a nice surprise.  Usually, that's my department.  (granted, I don't landscape so much as slash back the wild things trying to invade and murder us in our sleep and then stuff plants here and there). 
We have a date tonight..the drive-in is open!  Love our local drive-in.  $6 per person and you get a double feature, they encourage you to bring snacks and drinks (but, oh, their nachos) and..the dogs can go! :D

I started a 6 week boot camp yesterday...a 6 week burn. Ow.
I will be extremely pissed if it's the end of days and I worked out. ;)



12 comments:

  1. LOL, hope your workout isn't for nothing!
    Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice photos! Ive never seen one in the wild. cool..fun times ahead

    I remember those drive in days!
    Boot Camp?
    OK stop inspiring me to get on my elliptical!
    OK I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the purple ones all around here this Spring! Those are my kinds of flowers, the ones that God plants because they do better than the ones I plant. I, knock on wood, don't get poison ivy. My son got it last year. I used a benadryl spray on him and that pink stuff. Hope yours goes away soon!

    Wish we still had a drive in movie around here. They tore it down to build an 84 lumber. Sad....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the drive ins, but sadly they're all closed around here.

    Great shots, but sorry about the resulting itch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! But you will look so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We still have a drive in also. It is open year round so we go mostly in the winter when it is nice and cool with no bugs.

    The photos are great, sorry you had to get poison ivy to get them. I think for most things, the old ways are usually much better than the watered down versions they try to make a dollar on now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, i'll have to see if our drive-in has opened yet! thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing bleeding hearts. They're one of the few kinds of flowers I can identify. Good tip on keeping poison ivy at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bleeding hearts, nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know my dogs would love to go to a drive-in. The flowers are so delicate and pretty.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like a kid again !


    Warm Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the boot camp! I need to get off my lazy butt to start one but just can't seem to make it there yet. ugh!

    ReplyDelete