Thursday, May 26

Known Problems..and fire!


We're investigating an issue which is preventing login and comment posting for some users, and hope to have a fix released shortly.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 


Patience, my foot.
Login and comments are kind-of-sort-of working now. 
 Dawn at The Feathered Nest mentioned clearing the cache.  
Duh, Sam.
I haven't been able to comment on many blogs (and I know all of you were noticing this and wondering..hehe)...but I'm reading.  Reading and cursing.

Anyway...
Yesterday we decided to roast hot dogs over the fire pit.  I would prefer a GIANT bonfire pit, but we do live in the woods.  Also, I have a habit of making enormous fires.
GIANT fire.  Woods.  That could end badly.
In my circle of friends, giant fires that melt your eyelashes from 30 feet away are known as Sam Fires. 

Last year, we bought firewood at a campsite (no harvesting your own wood in state parks in WV).  We brought home the logs we didn't use..they will NOT burn here.  They are some kind of magical wood that goes from unlit to ash in 2 minutes if taken out of a WV state park. I'm baffled by this.

  Michael makes the world's most perfect s'mores.  Perfectly melted marshmallows with a golden outside, chocolate is perfectly gooey...they look like commercial food photos!
Mine?  They look like a toddler's attempt.  Charred marshmallows, rock hard chocolate..I'm an excellent cook, for heaven's sake!
Maybe it's in his process.  He lays out all key ingredients before toasting the marshmallow, while I'm running around the yard with a flaming black blob on a stick looking for those stupid graham crackers.  Could be it.

Michael: Sam, that's kind of a big fire for 2 hot dogs and 4 marshmallows.
Me: Get the chainsaw.  Our fire is tiny and embarrassing.

The flowers are further away from the fire than it looks.
No flowers where harmed.
Or chairs.
Only husbands, and not intentionally.

Please ignore my mangled cuticles.
Come back in November if you want manicured hands.
Note the delightful BLACK marshmallow bit on the left side and nearly uncooked lump on the right.
 Oh, and rock hard chocolate.
I didn't take a photo of Michael's s'mores.  My tiny fire was embarrassing enough.




10 comments:

  1. Who cares what Michael's s'mores look like! That one looks awesome!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're too funny! melt your eyelashes - now THAT's a fire! we had a chiminea for several years until the clay gave out and broke. we've been looking at fire pits but haven't gotten one yet. figured there's plenty of time until fall hits around here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. we just replaced out fire bowl..my sons love fire! SURPRISE They are eagle scouts and Ryan (12) is shooting for eagle too! Fire is in their blood also camping and fishing and hiking...Oh Yea, they ALL love s'mores! totally will eat them anytime, anyplace, any level of good looks!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KAT, we definitely should hang out..hiking, fishing,camping and FIRE!!! :D

    T, I had a chiminea a few years ago..I cannot make a big enough fire in one ;)

    JP, thank you! I say s'mores are supposed to look a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like my marshmallows burnt. Burnt black. I will burn them, peel the black part off, eat it, and burn them again. Now that makes a good smore'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nom nom nom smores are so yummy!

    Love you moon and stars fire pit. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe...you're hilarious:) Any Smore is a SPECTACULAR Smore in my books;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmnnn S'mores. That one looks pretty great to me, but I've found that just about anything cooked over a campfire is delish. I think it's all the work entailed to get the fire going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It must be cooler where you live because it is just too hot where I live to build a fire right now. I'd love to have a good camp fire in the back yard and cook dinner and smores!

    I'm not sure if this is the problem with blogger or not but a few months ago I couldn't log in to my blog. I did a little research and discovered that some people had that problem because of using Internet Explorer. They said to switch to Firefox and the problem would go away. That is what I did and it fixed that problem! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't even log in to my blog. Still. So I downloaded Firefox and I can get on through that way. I prefer Internet Explorer, though, so I hope Blogger fixes the issue.

    ReplyDelete