Tuesday, May 10

Glamor, baby.

  While Michael saunters off to a world of ironed clothing and polished shoes, this diva gets to crawl under the house into the spider infested crawlspace and repair a waste water pipe (praise the gods it's from the kitchen sink and not a septic line, though I've been there).
We were having coffee on the front porch, listening to the calming sound of birds and running water...wait...why the hell do we hear running water?

~ Ladies, take a lesson.  Do not get offended when someone suggests you hire out for certain jobs.  Do not proclaim you can handle simple plumbing, even with your "tiny female brain".
Bat your effing eyelashes and agree you are, in fact, too delicate to handle such chores.
Or, demand equality and stuff your dumb ass into a crawl space...next time, I know what I'm doing.

I tried it this morning.
Michael: You asked for a chainsaw for Valentine's Day.  You don't get to bat your eyelashes.
Me: Yes, I do.  I'm multi-faceted.  There are many sides to me...don't try to define me..don't try to-
Michael: Ok, fine.  You're multi-whatevered.  Fix the pipe and I'll agree to go camping this weekend, even though it's going to be cold and rainy.
*Michael's cold and rainy is 55 overnight and 20% chance of showers.

Love.  It's all about the negotiation. :D

Next on my glamor list?  Hauling a pickup truck load of extremely fresh horse manure to the far end of the property.  My awesome neighbor showed up this morning with a grin and a truck full of manure (why do people keep gifting me with..poop?!).
We were chatting at the grocery store about compost, he mentioned he would hook me up next spring.  I was happy with more composted manure..not very fresh, very fragrant manure.  Even my dogs looked repulsed.  It's very warm and very sunny.  Gag.

I know..you're full of envy.  Crawlspace AND fresh manure in one day!
---

This is an odd pic, but I still like it

Some people are creeped out by our front porch cemetery view...





14 comments:

  1. well, be grateful your dogs are not EATING the fresh horse poop like they do here at Run*A*Round... Lots of Vitamin B in it I've been told by the vets...

    Happy non-eye-batting day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T, if it's fresh-fresh the dogs have no problem with eating it. Gotta love dogs. I think we're in that weird stage between fresh and decomp. Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog just loves to roll in fresh horse poop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't stop looking at those photos!

    sooo beautiful!

    following.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think your neighbor was coming on to you...

    great shots! cute little stabby bill on the hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm....not so fresh manure! What a treat. *not* I would have totally called the plumber....no, my husband would have tried to fix it. As he does everything else. I always argue that we need the plumber.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha, what a fun post. again! you have a very interesting life , I must say and I love all the bird photos!
    You should find time to read a good fun book like the one on my blog...you'd love it!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW...how do you get the slideshow thingy? which gadget type?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heya KAT...Blogger has the slideshow under their "add a gadget" section. :)

    It's a sad thing for me (but not for our finances) that I'm a moderately skilled plumber!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to try to be superwoman and prove I could do anything he could do, until I discovered I couldn't or didn't want to...

    That's one good thing about getting a little older -- :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are beautiful. Even the cemetary! I would have handled the horse poop way better than crawling under the house to work on plumbing. I don't plumb or go under the house. I'm with you, Nancy. Age has taught me the better part of valor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I relate!


    Aloha from Waikiki


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the cemetery view :). At least you don't have to worry about noisy neighbor...hopefully ;).

    ReplyDelete