Saturday, May 14

Catch up

Blogger is still being a pain in my rear...hoping we get through this post!

Michael had a 3 day weekend, so we assumed we could get a ton of the yard work done.
Then, for 2 days, we had a series of these:
blurry, because my hands shook!

Pretty pink lightning

What's that saying?  Red sky at night, sailor's delight...
green sky at midday, pee your pants and stress eat 2 cupcakes?

In between storms, I flew out and transplanted the rosemary and sage into their new REALLY BRIGHT pots.  The stampeding creeping thyme still needs a new pot. I would plant it in the ground of I thought I could control it.  No chance. It's like a plague.

Squirrel and I need to have words about untying the feeder.  I'll have to use zip ties (the last one she chewed through)



Got two roses transplanted, hauled more potting soil from shed to garden, yanked more buttercups out of the garden and then...


That was 4 pm and not black & white.  Batten down the hatches.  Again.

But, after all the storms...


And now the wild crabapples are in full bloom:

They are everywhere on the property, and SO gorgeous!

It's raining again...shocker there..but that's ok.
We're off to the greenhouse (taking the camera in case the eagles are out and about!!) and then Michael- Ultimate Husband is taking me to lunch.
 Cross your fingers the birds are out and about on the backwaters of the Ohio river...
Enjoy your Saturday!

15 comments:

  1. shared your 'pee your pants' saying with my hubby and he laughed too. :) those skies to inspire tremors, don't they?! glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather may suck, Sam, but your view is incredible.

    And your last picture has convinced me that there Will Be a green-leafed apple tree in my yard. I've got a red-leafed crab apple tree in the front, but you can't see the the blooms because they're the almost the same colour as the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day of weather you experienced! Such extremes.

    I hear you on trying to get things done when it's 45 degrees and raining. Monday will be a better day!

    Loved your squirrel shots. Sneaky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely green sky! very dr. seuss. i think we all approve of eating cupcakes on such an occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know how you get your husband to take you to lunch...forget the damn eagles! Just kidding!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. JP, LOL!
    My pitch went like this:
    Bringing Michael breakfast in bed, I said "Good morning, honey. I'm making BBQ shrimp and roasted asparagus for dinner, by the way. Oh, and I baked that bread you like. What do you want to do for lunch?"
    ..and then I stare at him with my eyebrow raised.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to be there for your BBQ shrimp dinner! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the calm after the storm. Works in life too:))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Estupendas todas las fotos que nos has dejado. Como siempre un placer haber pasado por aquĆ­.

    Saludos y un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. here comes the sun...after the rain!

    lovely pictures! loved all of them.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I know those green sky pictures all too well and I don't miss them a bit. I'm just sorry I never thought to eat some cupcakes while they were happening! Great pics of your stormy day and the beautiful sunset. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you saw eagles and had a lovely lunch with your husband.--Inger

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, we have those pesky squirrels, too. Ours peer in the windows, daring us to chase them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you show such beauty-


    Thrilled to be BACK-

    Warm Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete