Tuesday, April 19

Disjointed

  We saw a double crested cormorant.  I won't shame myself by posting the photo.  I had just enough time to get the camera out of the bag and snag 1 pic as we zipped by at 55mph.  New bird for us!
  I just placed the final order for all veg seeds and plants, a couple of flowers and more raspberries (because 6 plants is not enough for the two of us).  I want to have enough raspberries to make jelly.
 I'm trying my hand with asparagus.
 I need to stop buying plants before it drives Michael away.
  After long discussion and debate, we decided not to get chickens.  I've got a great local source for eggs and meat..the benefits don't outweigh the work.  Sigh.
  I have an awkward flower bed outside the kitchen window.  It started as a seed bed, or plant start bed and quickly became a catchall.  It's in a high traffic spot.  If I'm not mowing down the bed with the garden hose, the dog tether is.  Hose guides are too short.  I got the *brilliant* idea to use some of the logs we have as hose guides.
I got this brilliant idea while wandering around the yard with the dogs, not dressed for yard work.  I ended up galloping after a runaway log with 3 barking dogs behind me, one flipflop on...lost a flipflop in the woods..
 This is why Michael calls me Calamity Sam.  I'm glad he didn't witness this.  I did get the damned logs set in the ground by evening.  So far, so good.
To cap off this disjointed mess, photos that have nothing to do with anything I rambled about!


Kung Fu Deer.

Neighbor horses

I caved and bought a thistle feeder. Now, if the 50+mph winds would stop making it an amusement park ride...



Pippin after getting caught in the rain.  He looks entirely too happy.

Irie and Punk.  6 pound cat loves 96 pound dog.

Voodoo and Bella Luna

Bella is the stumpy tailed, club footed demoncat.  She's not a pleasant creature.   Everyone feels terrible for her, until she tries to rip their faces off.

Is my couch not the most hideous brownish blob of sectional horror?
Every time I mention replacing it, Michael looks traumatized.
There is no slipcovering that beast, either. Gah.

4 comments:

  1. you always make me laugh!!! love your pups, your kitties, demons, deer, birds. glad you got a thistle feeder. seems the goldfinches are willing to brave the amusement park ride to eat there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do have some beautiful animals! Those deer are a brave bunch aren't they! I've seen one take it's head and butt my dog in the head one time. They will even chase her around our yard. My dog is scared of the deer if she is alone but once we got another dog they both will run them out of our yard if they see them. I'm scared of the deer after seeing what I've seen! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm new and want to follow your blog now. your a great writer, so interesting to hear the funny stuff. I love that you are such a nature lover too!
    Kat Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read Bella's bio and laughed so hard my coffee went flying. LOLOLOLOL

    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete