Tuesday, April 26

After the rain..

comes..well..more freaking rain.  We're starting to mildew.  Beautiful skies, though......


I have 400 lbs of organic garden soil to move across 1.5 hilly acres and my wheelbarrow keeps sliding in the bog that was once lawn.  I would like to wear flipflops instead of muck boots.
The grass is so tall I think we have velociraptors.  (What cracks me up about that scene? The guy screaming "Don't run into the long grass!" while running into the long grass).
Bitch bitch, whine whine.  I'm grateful we're not in a flood zone.  I'm grateful we're on a hillside..we've got SOME water draining away.  My apologies to the people in the valley below me.

In honor of all the rain, I'm rereading The Conqueror Worms by Brain Keene.  Creepy fun!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you commented on my blog! I'd seen that you became a follower, but I wasn't able to get your blog profile through that. Once you commented, I was able to connect and follow you back :-)

    Our grass is a mess. I can't believe how fast it grows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. per lisa's comment above, you really must add your blog link to your follower profile so folks can find you. you're a treasure and always make me laugh. more people need your wit and sarcasm. even if it is bitch, bitch, whine, whine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like it might be time to give up on the soil, and start building a boat. On the positive side, at least it isn't snowing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops- I thought I had the blog link already in! Think I fixed it. :)

    I'll stop working on the garden and get moving on the ark.
    My ark will contain 4 dogs, 3 cats and 2 people..none of which are procreating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing so hard...
    I hope the flood waters recede and you can have some wheelbarrow fun! You know - you should do a canoe... then just go canoeing down the hillside...

    I'll come help you.
    ;-D robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had so much rain that a small cover collapse opened up on our farm. Not so great...in other words a sinkhole is starting. One of those great Kentucky landscape things. Hope you dry out soon, we are getting several inches of rain tonight. BLAH!

    ReplyDelete