Friday, February 24

Observations..

During the Great Backyard Bird Count, we ran into several other birders at the local hotspot.
Thrilled, since I rarely see other birders out and about..but...
Something struck me.
None of them were under 60 (and of course, guessing at age.  Guessing generously, at that).

I've been birding since I was 16 or so.  Seeing *older* birders wasn't shocking as a teenager.
But now, decades later, it's strange to still be on the young end of the curve.
WTH?
Why aren't more people in their 30s birding?!
----
Yesterday was warm and mostly sunny.  LOVELY!
I received my giant box of vegetable seeds..and today is gloomy and drizzly and horrid.
Tomorrow? Flurries.
WTH?
I think I hexed myself by ordering seeds and messing around in the garden.
----

Have a pile of pics from the backyard bird count...



Red-shouldered hawk VS crow

















Oh.... and a bird dog!