Saturday, November 26

One week down..

3-5 weeks to go!
*shudder*
I'm not sure any of us will survive Henry's confinement.
If I vanish?  The dog did it.

"Shrew, you will not survive my wrath.  Now, bring me a new toy and room temperature spring water."
He gets time out of his crate, but not being a 6 armed goddess, I can't wrangle the sling/leash/camera.
---
We had Chinese takeout for Thanksgiving dinner.
It was perfect.  No stress!
We hung out with Lacey and Jeremy, ate a vast array of Chinese goodies, baked a pecan pie, watched some football...it was a great day.
---
Michael (retail management) survived Black Friday..and he didn't strangle anyone. People were nice!
Yay, nice people!
I hear so many people bitching about EVIL stores creating all this panic on Black Friday and how it affects their quick trip to Walmart or Target...
Here's a solution:
 Don't go shopping.  Protest that evil big business by not spending your money.
 Remember to grab what you need before Black Friday.
There..I fixed it like magic, baby.
If you bitch and you don't go shopping on Black Friday..well..take a Xanax.
It's one freakin' day.  You'll survive.


From those of us who have nifty things like paychecks and insurance because of those evil stores..because of Black Friday..thank you, shoppers!
---
The mutant, one-eyed squirrel has vanished.
I feel badly for him, but I'm kind of happy not to have his mutant-ness leering in the kitchen window all the time.  I'm sure this makes me a horrible person, and I'm really ok with that.
---
I haven't been hiking lately.  I miss it!
Maybe we can plan a short hike on Michael's next day off...would love to get a few more hikes in before the temperature plummets.  I'm not ready for our frigid hikes.
---

Enough babble for one day...hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Enjoy your weekend! :)


21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sky shots!

    Glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving and that Michael survived Black Friday!

    Oh yea...and your adivce was spot on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel worse for you than I do for Henry. Caring for any living creature after a surgery is just plain hard work! Take care and don't wear yourself to a frazzle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely skies! glad michael had some nice folks in his store!

    i refuse to go shopping on black friday - shoot, even a normal day, i practically have to force myself to shop.

    henry, hang in there! lordy, i know you're ready for these weeks to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanks Chinese, Sam!
    I ate Jello-all day, lot's of flavors. YUM!
    SO happy to see Henry alert and gazing into the cam! He is worth every cent, hug, smooch and poop clean-up!
    Thanks for the updates!
    xo, misha

    p.s. do you live in Morgantown?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henry looks just so completely comfortable and adorable in his den! He has such a sweet face.

    I won't go near a store on Black Friday! I think the stores have way better sales in September and that is when I always get my Christmas shopping done. I'm finished! I just need to get a few of the new dvd's that will be released from now until Christmas and I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do NOT do Black Friday. Or any shopping between Nov. 24 - Dec. 27. Except grocery store. That's it. If I didn't finish my shopping before Thanksgiving, I'm getting it online.

    Yum, chinese takeout is SO the perfect Thanksgiving. Totally low key! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must've missed something... what happened to Henry? Someone mentioned surgery. Poor Henry, er, Samantha, I mean... oops, lol!

    I'm glad your hubby survived Black Friday. I don't do Black Friday. Heck, I'm with T... I hardly do shopping at all! I'm much happier in my little neck of the woods!

    Great photos!

    PS: I'm having a little Pig withdrawal here... anything from the ol' archives maybe you can show those of us who miss Pig?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No worries about Black Friday, Saturday, Sunday, etc... I don't do it. Making most of my gifts this year. If they don't like them, to bad! :) Haha.

    Hang in there with the puppy. It takes time, but he'll be up and around himself before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful photos of the sky ! I guess I missed a few happenings I must go look at the last few posts to see what happened to pup. Happy End of November ! Everything you say makes sense to me .

    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Yeah How did I forget...too much crap going on in my mind this week I guess. Had a scary Thanksgiving as youll see. but Dad is recovering .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sympathies to the patient and the nurse. Glad the pooch is recovering. Looking forward to your reports of winter hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, Henry has quite the set up there. Not bad. Not bad at all. =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shots, Sam!

    We don't have black Friday in Canada. We just have crazy Christmas shopping from Oct-Jan. I avoid stores for the entire month of December - it's not worth my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Henry does not look like a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Sam! I used to work retail, always worked Black Friday and Christmas Eve. I didn't have kids and I had an understanding husband who thought like you. We worked it out. I don't go near the stores during the Thanksgiving holiday because I am a hermit and I don't think my nerves could take it. I am not a shopper, but when I have to shop I hit it during the week when it's more quiet. I am glad Michael made it through with people being nice! Lovely sky pictures, simply lovely. Henry looks a little befuddled in your picture but befuddled with toys. Take care Sam. Sending you vibes to keep on keeping on and get well quick vibes for Henry :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see Hank the Tank still has his monkey ;)And pooh on Black Friday shopping. WTH? Opening stores at 10pm on Thursday night. All mine is down with the click of a finger = online....in the PJ's. Hell yea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always make me laugh. That dog looks just like a king in all of his glory.
    Your pictures are always so good.
    I like the Chinese food idea, it sounds so nice.
    I have tons of pies left. I need to go on lots and lots of hikes.
    I do hope you survive. I need laughter. :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am pretty mixed on shopping on BF but I did it this year at Tractor Supply. They were way under staffed or something and the place was packed but it was sort of cool...everyone in line was so friendly and just talked away the time. If only all lines were that way...

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK I donèt think Black Friday is a big thing here in Canada I stay home anywaysI canshop anytime I feel soory for all those people working reatail some people are mean.
    I love your shots.
    Henry looks like a good patient LOL. B

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just caught up on the Henry story after being MIA from the internet for a while. I'm so glad that he's doing well after such a major surgery. Using those legs - Yay!!!!!

    I loved your photos of him in a previous post, and today's sunset photos.

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's all for the best, little fella. don't be a hater.

    ugh, shopping. i barely tolerate it on a crowd-free day. i must be lacking in estrogen or something.

    ReplyDelete