Tuesday, October 18

You made your point..

Vultures.

I got so bored with my last boot camp that I bailed.
I know.  I suck.
On to the next!
I started this morning, and.. holy burning thighs!
I hike, I live on a hillside like a freakin' mountain goat and I work out fairly often..I should not having been wheezing and falling over.
Why do exercise pros say things like "You'll feel so great after this! You'll love it! You'll be full of energy!"
The only energy I could muster is shoving that perky, pony-tailed head up your toned ......


Anyway.  Vultures.

I got done with boot camp and staggered back to take a shower.  I realized I hadn't fed the birds yet, so I ran outside before they went Hitchcock on me.

Standing in the yard, appreciating the views, and I notice a shadow passing over...then two..






While I know they cruise right over the house when the current is right...it was NOT good for my ego.
At all.

------------
Jean's bird cake recipe, for those who asked.  Click the link, make the cakes and prepare for Bird Joy.
Jean, if you see this..mind if I stick a tab up and link to your recipe?

18 comments:

  1. They know you will have food ready... and I guess you had better or they'd go hitchcock on you, like you said!

    I wish I had your stamina, of working out regularly. I CANNOT DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way they soar on the wind those vultures. They come here in October in great flocks through the pass, but I seldom see them over our house. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they were just giving you fly-over high-fives, not alluding to your fitness status or signaling 'she's about done!' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if I made bird cakes, if the birds would come?

    Kudos to you for surviving boot camp. I went once, and the next day I was so stiff I was incapable of answering the phone on my desk (2' away) before it went to voice mail. The vultures would surely have been circling if I'd have been outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the vultures are just patiently waiting for their goodies!

    Good luck on boot camp! More power to ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They would creep me out! What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vultures/Buzzards = Cool. I like 'em. Buzzards find their meals by sight AND smell. Showering I'm sure sent them on their way ;)

    Thanks for the cake link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They do this at our farm and it creeps me out. I always know there is something dead nearby...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the whole animal kingdom knows you are a friend. Way to go on the boot camp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd be worried they were watching to see how my workout would end ;)

    And I agree...who the heck feels "perky" after a workout. I just want to keel over...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool to watch them cruise on the currents! As long as they're not circling Pig. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Samantha, Hey...having Vultures flying overhead makes me very nervous.:)

    I am more than OK with you adding a tab linking to my bird cake recipe. Helping others attract more birds to their feeders is my main reason for blogging.

    Thanks and Happy Birding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way they ride the air currents. Great shots, Samantha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They probably went away after you got a chance to shower.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did the vultures get you?! YIKES!!!

    Hey... Pig won my giveaway. Will you sign for her since she's gettin' her beauty sleep?

    ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha! i know what you mean about the vultures circling...when i see their shadows...and look up...i wonder what's...uh...dead in the woods nearby...

    ((i just wish i had the motivation to work out...like that...well, maybe just PART of your work out routine would be good!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Horrors! I went to a yoga class this evening. I don't know how to do yoga so the plan was to hide in the back. I was the only one who showed up so she had her full attention on me and put me through the paces. I thought yoga was gentle and relaxing?

    ReplyDelete