Monday, October 3

Potato love

If you get really close to your monitor and squint, it's a heart. 


I am in need of comfort food today, so my bastardized potato gratin was on the menu.

If you don't eat cheese..or heavy cream...or butter..you might want to skip this post.
Wait.
I think you might want to skip this blog.
I believe in eating healthy, but that includes mental health- as in comfort food.

  Occasionally, our blogtalk turns to the sexy world of full fat.
Yeah, Mama.

We'll pretend the cheese is low fat cheese, if it makes you feel better.  We'll also pretend this is the full amount of cheese used, instead of just the topping.


If it makes you feel more comfortable...
 this is skim milk, instead of two cups of heavy cream, simmering with herbs and garlic...


The baking dish was NOT rubbed down with softened butter..it was that fat free/calorie free spray stuff.
Yeah...

I fully intended to post a photo of a fork full of cheesy, creamy, potato joygasm..but..well..
I ate that "test" fork.  And the next.
Quality control, dammit.

I'm not going to post photos of the massive, gorgeous steaks we're going to toss on the grill, lest you think I'm a hedonist.
I am.


So my comfort foods were taken care of (steak and potato, I'm a simple girl), when I get a text from Michael stating he's ready to run away from work and change his identity.

Hmmm...comfort food for Michael.
Got it covered!

Cream cheese/cheddar stuffed peppers..that weird sweet/hot variety that no nursery can ID..with an extremely crunchy panko breading.
If Michael sees this photo and asks where the little crusty piece of cheese (bottom right) went, I'm going to tell him those damned dogs took it.  Because that is what happened.  Got it?

At least they're baked, right?

26 comments:

  1. Yum! That all sounds and looks good to me! No tofu has ever touched these lips of mine. You can give that junk to Pig if she'll even eat it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that looks so good! And I love those last crusty pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit, Samantha, you just ruined my baked chicken breast dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hedonist...good. Cheese and cream...good! Comfort food...good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're flat out evil! no wonder you do the fitness boot camps or you'd weigh 400 lbs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Momma! I'd sure love about half of those potatoes, hell, I'd even arm wrestle Pig for them! Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, that looks delicious! Pig didn't happen to get that little crusty piece of cheese, did she? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG... Just reading looking and hardly no imagination at all I gained 3 pounds. It was wonderful. THANK YOU SAM ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong with comfort food in the winter. Oh it sounds heavenly to me. Comfort food is more than a necessity! Thanks for the great photos of food I have to be careful with. BUT I would eat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What time do you want me there Sam?

    About seven?

    I'll bring a bottle and a heart resuscitation machine...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on the "comfort food". I try to eat healthy most of the time but occasionally I'm going for the stuff that is guaranteed to clog my arteries.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh YUM! i should not have come here on an empty stomach!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. I know where to come for dinner. I'm sure there were no leftovers...but do you mind whipping up another batch? Of everything?:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well it looks yummy to me. My daughter said I was a better cook before I went all natural. But, yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I must say that full fat is often the best way to go. It might explain why those who practice 100 per cent healthy eating are miserable sods!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks delicious! i wanted to take a bite of this one. it was that enticing!

    ...but you always leave hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at potato and cheese....

    We've been making alot of homemade stuffed peppers too but been adding in deer sausage with the cream cheese mix and calling it a meal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmm! Love me some (mental) health food!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing helpful information, I really like your all post. I will bookmark your blog for future updates.


    Affordable Pay Per Click

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also do agree with the stuff you shared, Thanks that's a wonderful post.

    Music Logo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing this! Just what I’ve been searching for. Great info!

    Blackberry Application Development

    ReplyDelete