Saturday, September 24

Annoyances..mild to moderate

We took three of the dogs for a ride last night.
While we were stopped at our little local store (deer checking station, beer, lotto, local deer jerky..you know, kick ass redneck store!) some jackass peered into the car and said, "Is that a Llewellin? Does he hunt?"
Nope, he's a family dog.
"Wow. What a waste", he says.


Poor Voo..he suffers so.
Rather than get jackass blood all over my car, I just raised my eyebrow and stared at him.
"Uh..nothing wrong with a good family dog, but it's a shame if he's from good lines.."
*stare*
"Well, none of my business"..and he fled.

WHY do people feel it's appropriate to give their completely freaking moronic opinion to complete strangers?
Plus, Voodoo points tomato horn worms and Japanese beetles for me.  This is far more useful to me than pointing pheasants.  I don't have a lot of pheasants or quail rampaging in the garden.
"But you have bird feeders.. and lots of turkeys I can point!"
-----
We're supposed to have gorgeous weather this coming weekend..yayyy camping!!
Wait.  No camping?! Maybe? Depends on Michael's coworkers (not including his work BFF) and head of HR getting their shit together ..for once?
Oh, God..we're screwed.
----
I felt something crawling in my hair and extracted a stinkbug.  A stinkbug that sprayed me.
I took great pleasure in stomping his stankass.
It took three shampoos before I couldn't smell stinkbug.
To be fair, it's not a horrible smell..but Moderately Unpleasant bug doesn't roll off the tongue.
 FYI: Asking Michael to "smell the back of my head and see if I still stink" got amusing results.


Stinkbugs are everywhere in our area (and the freakin' east coast).  Open the door for a few minutes and they swarm in.  They love to hunker down in annoying places like rolls of paper towels, the hood of your jacket or even better- your sock drawer.
"I swear, that stink isn't my feet."

11 comments:

  1. Your dog is so beautiful!

    And as far as the stinkbugs...Ewwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we don't get the stinkbug infestations here, thankfully. and voo has got a great life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voo is the best pointer ever. so handsome. glad you gave that stranger the "stank-bug-eye" maybe he will think twice before he utters his thoughts to someone.
    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say Voo has a wonderful life! Not like all of the local hunting coon dogs that are in my area tied up outside never getting any attention except when they are fed. To me that is a waste of a good dog. I always feel sorry for them.

    I know I've seen stink bugs but I don't think we have a problem with them here at our house. It's those stupid Japanese Beetles that drive me batty along with the Box Elder bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, some people just don't know when to mind their business or keep their mouth shut. :-) Voo is just fine in his role!

    Wait. No pig? What the...?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I hate those stink bugs so much. Though, thankfully we don't have them as bad as last year.
    I grew everything organic in my garden, then after 10,000 stink bugs invaded it was war. I even let the dept of ag. put in traps.
    Nasty things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems I spend many months of the year catching stink bugs in a cup in the house and evicting them. I'm a wimp about killing bugs, so I know it's probably the same one over and over again... what can I say:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HATE STINKBUGS!!!!!!!!!!! They are bad right now. I made a trap for our bathroom, but I need to make another trap for downstairs. ARG!!!! Oh they smell so bad and there are so.many.of.them.here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen stink bugs my whole life (or at least what a Texan thinks is a stink bug) and never knew it could really spray stink. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh maybe that's the smell I've been smelling!!! Those damn bugs! And I thought it was Joe's butt!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shhhhh, stinkbugs haven't made it up here yet. Maybe our cold winters will keep them away? One can only hope.

    "A good family dog" is the highest accolade you can give to any dog.

    ReplyDelete