Friday, August 5

Risking life..

and limb, I snagged a photo of just how close Pig is comfortable.
She's in her normal feeding spot.  I wandered down with the camera and had a seat on a rock while she ate.
I dump fruit and veg leftovers for the deer/Pig/whoever..this isn't her spot.  Try telling her that.


Tell me someone didn't raise her as a pet or tame her at some point.
She was entirely too interested in my ankle bracelets, so I fled.

I'm having one of those chick days, where you wake up and say "Oh dear God...that isn't ME".
I slept on wet hair, so I have a semi-afro with flat spots.
Allergies have given me bloodshot, puffy eyes.
I need a girlie spa day.
Kinda like this poor thing...
"OMG what the hell is that thing!?"

"Oh.  That's my reflection. Yikes."
 You're not alone, cardinal.  I feel your pain!

We're supposed to go out this weekend...dinner with friends.
I best get crackin' on the home spa stuff.

After I mow..weed the garden..clean the kitchen and living room..clean and freeze the green beans..make a pot of roasted vegetable ragu...
I don't use fennel in this recipe. I use fresh tomatoes and homemade broth.
Everything but the parsnip & shrooms are from the garden.  Kind of proud of that! :)
I use crimini shrooms if I have them..today I'll use whatever is in the fridge (can't remember what shrooms I have lurking in there).

 Can't get enough of the sunflowers..too soon, they'll be done.


The marsh mallow is blooming.  I'm crazy about that pale, clear pink.

Enjoy your weekend!

19 comments:

  1. Pig is buttering you up for winter. Come December, she plans to be sleeping in your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. pig meets little piggies... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pig will only be in my bed as a fur throw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm convinced you'll be hand feeding her soon.

    poor cardinal looks like she went though the dryer. on fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is too close for my comfort! I'm not sure if I would be that brave to get that close to Pig! LOL at the bird! I think perhaps where it is so dry that it hasn't had a bath in weeks! Beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear...Pig is very bold. She needs to stay in the yard and never stray far from home.

    And you need to watch your piggies so that you don't end up on an episode to 'when good animals go bad'...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd say you're risking, life and toe at least! You mean the semi-fro with flat spots is out??? When did that happen... Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA!! i can relate to that one...some days i look in the mirror and that's exactly what i see! AAaaaarrgh!

    it's pretty cool, that the little pigster will let you get that close...but then again...he wants to be sure the leftovers keep-a-coming!

    the flowers are so bright & cheery!! LOVE the 'marshmallow'...hibiscus?? beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be frightened to death to put my foot out close to "Pig"...I mean he's eating everything, right? My Mallow here is a darker shade of pink which is a lot prettier than I'm looking right now myself. Maybe I'll see you at the spa...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first ever hibiscus bloom came yesterday; 5 minutes after I took a photo, the dogs ran over the bush and flattened everything. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, does the pig bite? I don't think we have those creatures here. Should we be afraid for you? I will never forget the picture you took of the one with all the boobies. That is stuck in my mind forever.

    I am supposed to pick my hubby up from the airport tonight and had my newly cut and highlighted hair looking good. I spent TIME on it. Then I took a nap on it this afternoon despite my best efforts to stay awake. So much for my hair. Guess he will recognize me now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first bird pic cracked me up. I love birds - they remind me of muppets.

    My plans were to do the home spa & pedicure thing this weekend, but I think the plans have changed. The basement has now been restored, so I think I have to go downstairs and sort through and reorg everything. Yeehaw. Although, that job's nasty enough that its completion might just justify an actual salon pedicure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmm i woudn't mind to have a girly girl day with you! And yes that little animal (have NO idea what kind of little animal) seems pretty tame to me!

    Hope you have a good weekend
    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking at Pig's giant claws and freaky yellow teeth, I'll refrain from letting her touch me ;)

    I prefer my wild things wild, and Pig remains wild enough to survive 3 years now.
    I'd like to kick the ass of the person/s who tamed her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. how cool!

    the animals love your energy as we do-



    Aloha from Waikiki;


    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup, none of the groundhogs around here will let you get anywhere near that close. Of course, I don't put food out for them, either. And, I shriek at them if I see them near my flowers. Could that be why they won't let me get close?

    ReplyDelete
  17. when i was in high school, a friend of mine DID raise a ground hog. it literally was her baby. she could hold it like a baby in every position possible. it was really quite amazing. and just like cats, the ground hog knew not to use its nails on her.......

    so yes, i do believe this one has had some people handling :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I saw the twinkle in pig's eye...I think there may be plans in snatching up a human toe or two ;)

    ReplyDelete