Wednesday, August 3

Observations and PhotoBabble

  If you carry a pickaxe, duct tape and a roll of plastic sheeting through Walmart, no one will get in your way.  I almost felt the need to explain these 3 items weren't related to the same projects, but what the hell.  Let 'em wonder.

 "Break in the humidity!" means it's now down to 87%.  From 93%.  I'm not excited.  Watch your back, weatherman.  West Virginia, Almost Heaven..Closer to Hell.
But, guess what!? It's raining!

  In a past life, Michael was obviously taken prisoner and tortured by putting eyewash/eyedrops in his eyes.  He will hide from me, trying to blink away the dog hair/4 inch shard of broken glass/2x4 chunk.
I found the most effective method of putting eyedrops in his eyes:
Place him in a chair and pin him against the back of the chair with my torso.
Straddle him and trap his legs with my own.
Wrap my left arm around his head and pin his head against my chest.
Pry open his eyeball (while screaming "open your @#%^ing eye!") with my left hand.
Gently put drops into his eye.
Use sedatives/rum as needed (for me).
I wish I was overdramatizing for blog humor.

PhotoBabble:
Someone once said to me the sparrow and finch families were plain birds.



I love these *plain* little guys.


Some yard and garden action:

I love my cypress vine.

Blue table of the day



The hummingbirds are drinking from the gladiolus and I cannot get a photo.
Driving me crazy.
Would it be morally wrong to drug a hummingbird and tape it to a glad for a few photos??




Check out my gardening prowess!  I haven't killed my watermelon yet this year!!
Watermelon! Finally!  So what if they are the size of a quarter?



Pig should thank the Groundhog Gods that Irie respects the flimsy screen on my ghetto screen door ($25 at Lowes, lasts 14 minutes before needing repair).
Because Irie didn't charge her 96 pound butt through the door, because she came immediately when called..she got a hunk of my 6 month old Manchego cheese.  I don't even feed this to Michael.

During Michael's next vacation, we're putting down paving stones and making a walkway from the steps.
I have more important things to do right now, like fool around with blog templates.
Pardon the extra chaos while I mess with settings and such.

21 comments:

  1. That last picture is a hoot!

    Congrats on your watermelon! Baby watermelon are so oddly cute :-)

    So...thinking I won't ever let you give my eye drops, k? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pig is indeed one lucky critter! I thought things looked different around here-have fun:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    I'm just new to blogland glad I found another friend love the photos if you have a minute to spare please visit my sisterhood http://lovewendysworld.blogspot.com
    I will come and say Hi again soon.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought Pig was keeping her distance, now that the babies are gone. Good Girl, Irie!!!

    I love sparrows, and always have. When I lived in Edmonton, my neighbours used to get mad at me for feeding them - they said sparrows are rats with wings. I think they're crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious post! I love the last picture. I hope you told Michael that he could have some cheese too if he followed directions as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, good going irie! mine would never have exhibited self restraint! of course, mine are uncouth country pups with no manners...

    loved the visual of you going thru the store with 'dexter' supplies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your watermelon are beautiful. And, Pig is either very brave, or very stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what Pig was thinking this morning!
    If she has any hint the dogs are outside, she hides.
    Apparently, she thinks flimsy screen is an effective barrier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought you had turned to romance smutt book writing with the whole eye drop thing and I was blushing...

    Duct tape. Duct tape the bird... it's not morally wrong - but for the greater good of those in blogland.

    I still want a tomato.

    ;-D And Pig... I wouldn't mind Pig.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that shot of pig and irie is "purty dern cute". the new layout is looking good! it seems we bloggers can never settle with one look for very long.

    have you tried using the cheese to get michael to hold still for eye drops?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, don't pick on those screen doors...mine was $29.99 @ Lowe's and it's lasted eight years! LOL!!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that fence and cypress vine photo....swoon !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny post! Cool photos!
    I have often threatened to glue birds to a tree branch in order to get a photo.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sam I just typed a whole comment and lost it. I am pooped but enjoyed your post. Could I just tell you to have a nice evening and start fresh with your next post?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the birds that come to my house! Even the occasional blue jay that will show up. I am so mad at the price of sunflower seeds for my birds has went up to $25 for a 40 pound bag at Tractor Supply. I won't pay that much for bird seed.

    I hate to say this but I have a dead hummingbird in my garage.... Sigh... I so hate it when one gets in there and dies. It happens every year unfortunately.

    Pig sure is lucky! I think she has more lives than a cat does.

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Wrap my left arm around his head and pin his head against my chest."
    Sounds dirty. I like it!
    Also love your groundhog photos on this post and others. Thanks for finding me, b/c I found you back! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My one watermelon is bigger than yours, nya nya nya. (It's the size of a ping pong ball. Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. GOOD CAPTURES!
    And I LOVE AND WANT that blue table.....:))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice shots of the bird feeders. I think our birds are eating more this summer than they do in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the new clean look! It creates a perfect canvas for showcasing your nature photos!

    Ghetto screen door! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rambob must have been traumatized too becuase he can't take an eye dropper any near his eye. Odd, odd men.

    ReplyDelete