Wednesday, June 22

Why...

-is Blogger giving me grief again?  I can't attach photos by any method.  I have photos that went along with my "Whys".

- won't Michael try coconut after a 16 year hiatus?  He swears he hates it, but tastes change. Just take a bite of something, dang it!   He said I smelled good after using coconut body butter..I just had to point out it was coconut. HA!

-did I wait till it's 85 degrees with 86% humidity to start tearing off the front porch?
The thermometer registered 115 on the porch (full sun/portal to Hell).


-did Michael get my lawn swing (squee!) and then spend 2 hours in the rain, shirtless, putting it together?  I said it could wait, it was fine, etc.  This made sense, somehow, in his ManBrain.
Now you understand why we need to level the swing!


-are Voodoo and Irie the only dogs that will get their butts out of bed in the morning with me?  Strider and Henry are still in bed...9:36 am! Half the day is gone! ;)


-did I find a Dobson Fly in my dishwater?  I almost had heart failure.
They are giant and terrifying.  The females can draw blood.  They spray you with foul-smelling goo.

---
I'm out the door to get to work...
The junk guys are finally coming tomorrow.  Need to get the porch finished so we can start rebuilding.
Doing a tiny porch..it's just too damned HOT out there unless it's dark and/or winter to enjoy sitting!

Today on the work list:
Gather stuff for junk guys in one easy-to-load spot
Tear off the rest of the porch
Figure out what lumber is needed for new micro-porch
Weed garden
Seed the back yard where brush was cleared
Clear brush from the edge of field
















27 comments:

  1. you're about the 3rd blogger i've seen that is raising cain about being un-abel (ha ha, get it?!) to load photos...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your blogger troubles. I hope they resolve it soon. Good luck with your porch project too...stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't load pics right now either. Blogger has been very frustrating for a couple months now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would think dishwashers would be water tight, so how would a big ole bug like that get in there. I had never heard of them but when I followed your link I found they are the result of a mature hellgrammite. We used to fish with those when I was a kid. Scary sticking your hand into that bucket to get one out though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same problem with pictures for me too!

    It also wont let me post comments (even on my own blog) unless I'm using Google Chrome as a browser (not microsoft internet explorer).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, no picture posting here, either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried to upload any pics today. Hmpf. Wish Blogger would get it together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what the deal is with Blogger. I have been having multitudes of trouble with them for a month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've had so many problems with blogger too...so frustrating, but for the past 3 posts...it's cleared up...i hope your troubles go away quickly...
    anyway, sounds like you've got lots of other stuff to keep your mind off blogger...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by. Rural WV appears to be an interesting place-- what with stinkhorn mushrooms that NEED to be handled with exam gloves, giant flies and June weather that would make Satan look for AC.

    Good luck with that weeding and building. Your weather is too hot to use your porch and ours is almost always too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogger works okay with Goggle Chrome. No problems---so far.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can load photos but have experienced other glitches with Blogger.
    Dang...I would have liked to have seen that big bad fly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm on Firefox. Madi and Mom just told me to clear my cookies. That worked, so you might want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gee honey bunch, I don't know. I haven't created a post this afternoon. Sorry!..:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great day, Sam~! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. have a great mid week! Don't work too hard in that heat! Yikes I am glad you did not post a photo of that fly thing!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Laughing at the swing comment. Husband here decided to mow my walking path... While in the throws of an allergy attack. Men.

    Ya gotta love 'em.

    Dorks.

    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Save yourself for building the porch in shade if possible. Oh, yeah, you don't need to be out in that heat of the day. I love your lists! I do this too because I can't concentrate, or finish. Sounds like a compulsion, but we women know how to get the job done. Sorry guys. Some of us are tough stock, what more can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  19. no problem with pics but other frustrations with Blogger...oh well,,this too shall pass. Looking forward to reading your past and future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  20. No comment on the blogger troubles. I don't want to jinx myself.

    I really think Michael, Strider and Henry should come live here.

    ReplyDelete
  21. DANG that's one huge fly!!! :O

    And that's an incredibly cute pic of Voo and Irie - they need a hug and treats from me. ;)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  22. blogger gave me that photo uploading headache on wednesday.....arrghhh

    and oh crap that bug is gross !

    ReplyDelete
  23. what is wrong with you posting the shot of the dogs small, and the insect large?! our needs on this end are simple. cuteness, big. grossness, little.

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. ewwwwww...for the big a$$ fly and

    ewwwww...for the pain in the a$$ Blogger has been for the past month

    ReplyDelete
  25. That flying bug looks to me like he has a Mohawk?

    I like both your dogs. They are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice blog, that is one awful looking fly! Your pups are cuties.

    ReplyDelete