Sunday, May 8

Happy Maternal Instinct Day

"Happy Maternal Instinct Day! Thanks for mothering all of us (and for not eating our young)".
That was my card from Michael.  I couldn't stop laughing all morning.
We don't have kids, but celebrate Mother and Fathers day..it's a good excuse to do something special for each other and say it's "from the dogs and cats".
My younger brother is coming to visit and make dinner for our mom, and then we're heading for her house.
---
Can you see the little white blob in the photo?  It's Aspen time...time for the yard to be covered in white fuzz.  Time for me to double up on my Claritin.



I'm not the only one with bedhead.  Poor Voodoo.

Tell me this Eastern Towhee doesn't look a little crazy...


Tufted titmouse making use of Irie's undercoat.
Glad Akita fur is useful to someone!

 Happy Mom's Day to all the good mamas out there!

9 comments:

  1. how awesome! happy furry baby momma day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one happy bird building a nice soft and furry nest on the fence! lol It would love some of my dogs hair too! Please take a picture of it once she gets it finished! I would love to see it!

    Loved the card!
    Have a Great Day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. After brushing Moon & Copper I too donate their fur to the local birdies! Love the "bedhead" pic!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute post, Samantha! Of course, Shane is daddy and I am mommy to our dogs. In public. Verbally.

    Haha! Happy Mom's Day to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. voodoo has a fine head (body) of hair. and what shine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet pics! All Eastern Towhees look a bit crazy. Must be the red eyes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! What a great card! Happy Maternal Instinct Day (belated) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you : ) And I love love the pics-all great ones! Oh-and hmmm bed head-that's me too : )

    ReplyDelete