Thursday, March 24

Massive, thundering metal desk.

I've got an enormous vintage metal desk...a huge, bulbous thing.
I would love to use it in the living room as the computer desk.  Lots of storage space, space for the laptop (currently on a bedroom dresser), my camera stuff..

The problem:
At one point it was a hideous green thing, then someone painted it with cream enamel.  It's chipped so the hideous green shows through.  This wasn't a funky apple or retro minty green..I don't know what the hell color it is.
I'm lost- how to make this NOT hideous and harsh and 1950s office furniture.
I can't even post a photo of it right now.  I would have to unearth it first.  Eep.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I used to have one of those EXACT hideously olive-mixed with-grass-mixed with-algae kind of HEAVY, MASSIVE, metal desks! I'm not a redecorator (at all) but one of the blogs I follow is the craftiest woman ever. She might be able to help with an idea or two... It's Trisha at Roundabout.

    http://roundaboutshop.blogspot.com/

    Maybe she has an idea on how to finish metal where it won't flake into a hodgepodge mess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is exactly the color!
    Our Lady of Paint Samples, what were they thinking?
    thanks for the link..I'll email Trisha :)

    ReplyDelete